Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting reset issue on P-01

Bravo_Victor

Hello im having an issue with something someone can help me with. I installed a CZC Flat DA/SA trigger in my P01 Decocker with the CZC short DC and a CGW pro package. Everything worked fine, no issues with anything, slide on or slide off. Then i sent the frame out to get cerakoted as well as the slide to get milled, optic etc. Nothing else changed. Got everything back, polished the cerakote on the contact points and i reassembled it all like normal with nothing out of the ordinary except one thing:

With the slide ON, if i manually pull the hammer back, it WILL NOT drop. DA works fine. If i pull the slide back to bring the hammer into SA, the hammer will drop. It will not drop when i put it in single action by hand. Now when its in that position and wont fire, if i pull the slide back slightly, the trigger bar will reset and it will fire.

Not sure what the issue is or WHY it wont work all of a sudden when everything worked fine pre cerakote. No internal mods have been made after the cerakote. It seems like the trigger bar spring has plenty of tension and the screw is where it needs to be to hold it down. If i turn the gun upside down with the grips off, if i take a pick and pull on the trigger bar slightly towards the grip end, it clicks and i can pull the trigger. Any ideas? Mechanical? Cerakote buildup? CGW said it could be some paint buildup where the trigger sits but i havnt messed with it again bc of work. 

Thanks

What did CGW say about your issue? It sounds like you already talked to them about the situation.

So that we are clear, you are getting a dead trigger when you fully cock the hammer manually?

Edited by Tok36
Spelling

44 minutes ago, Tok36 said:

What did CGW say about your issue? It sounds like you already talked to them about the situation.

So that we are clear, you are getting a dead trigger when you fully cock the hammer manually?

Correct. All cajun said was “Sounds like something pretty simple but I am afraid you would need to somehow clean the cerakote off around where the trigger drops into the frame. Can you see if it being limited by the build up in that area? Also make sure the screw in the frame for the spring is snug and tight.“ 

im starting to narrow it down. When i pull down on the trigger bar ever so slightly something clicks and you can fire, and you can see the FPB lifter arm from the back of the gun kinda “flick”. Might just have to remove material from the bottom, which i had to do in the first place with the CZC trigger. It worked perfect before it was cerakoted so maybe now i gotta take a little more off. 

Also pic of said gun if anyone is interested:

d5Kvp8v.jpg

2enounb.jpg

This sounds similar to an issue I had when I installed the same trigger. With the hammer cocked back, pull the trigger to the rear and look at the sear; if the trigger is not able to pull rearward enough, the sear will not lift enough to release the hammer. Your options are to remove cerakote from the frame, as CGW said, or just take a little material off the back of the trigger where it contacts the frame. That can be easily done with the trigger still in the gun, so no need to disassemble everything. Go slowly, if you remove too much you will be adding in over travel to the trigger pull. 

8 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

No to side track your question but what are those two Allen screws and bracket below the red dot? My P01 doesn’t have those?

It’s Fire4Effects RDOMS mounting system. You can get specific details on their website

It seams like we need to establish weather or not the sear is moving when the trigger is pulled in SA. If the sear is moving but not raising up high enough to release the hammer the trigger needs a bit more travel. If the sear is not moving at all the pistol may be failing to reset in SA. If this is the case it is likely to be a product of limited forward travel in SA or the balance or tension of the Trigger Bar Spring.

OP, is your sear moving or is it completely dead?

4 hours ago, Tok36 said:

It seams like we need to establish weather or not the sear is moving when the trigger is pulled in SA. If the sear is moving but not raising up high enough to release the hammer the trigger needs a bit more travel. If the sear is not moving at all the pistol may be failing to reset in SA. If this is the case it is likely to be a product of limited forward travel in SA or the balance or tension of the Trigger Bar Spring.

OP, is your sear moving or is it completely dead?

Its moving. You can see it creeping up and if i squeeze hard enough, it drops

Good deal, that is easier to remedy. regor already covered it up top. When you fix it i would make sure the sear has a bit of clearance, otherwise the hammer hooks can rub on the underside of the sear and wear the hammer out faster. Same situation as when you are setting an over-travel set scerw in a trigger.

Edited by Tok36

4 minutes ago, Tok36 said:

Good deal, that is easier to remedy. regor already covered it up top. When you fix it i would make sure the sear has a bit of clearance, otherwise the hammer hooks can rub on the underside of the sear and wear the hammer out faster. Same situation as when you are setting an over-travel set scerw in a trigger.

Well i figured it out and it was what i suspected. It was the lifter arm. I took some more off the bottom and it works just fine now. When i originally put in the CZC trigger i had to do that but i guess after cerakoting, something tightened up and it needed some relief. Thanks everyone

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, Bravo_Victor said:

Well i figured it out and it was what i suspected. It was the lifter arm. I took some more off the bottom and it works just fine now. When i originally put in the CZC trigger i had to do that but i guess after cerakoting, something tightened up and it needed some relief. Thanks everyone

Hello, I got similar issue with my TS right after cerakote. Could you please tell me where did you polish off to solve this problem?