Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Want A New Truck

Anyone know where I can get a great deal on a new 2006 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD w/Duramax diesel and Allison tranny delivered to the middle of the Pacific Ocean on a little island called Maui?

If you are a car salesperson but don't want to admit it, pm me :)

Thanks,

barry B)

You know at first I thought this was a joke.

With all the deals going on here in the states on cars. I would pick a state that is close to you then go on GM's website and contact them. Shipping is going to be the bi$$$.

Good luck.

Thanks, but the few websites I went for price qoutes said they would refer to a local dealer. Since there a very few dealers here, there is little competition and the dealers try to push the MSRP as the best deal they can do :angry:

Heard of other island residents saving $5k to $8k by buying from the mainland (48 states) even including shipping :o

Thought maybe I could throw a little business to a BE member. I'll keep trying.

b

How bad do you want the GMC over a Chevy. I'm the diesel tech at a Chevy dealer in Washington state, we just got in a '06 with the 360hp Duramax and the 6 speed Allison. Not sure about other options, can look if you want, and will talk to a salesman about prices and such.

KK,

Kewl, I sent you a pm. I've heard only good things about the Duramax diesel, are they true? Better than the Powerstroke?

Don't want a Dodge even if it has a Cummins in it.

rishii,

Why use my truck when your's is already well used :lol:

I told you, my wife wants me to get a new truck so she can use it :P

Thanks guys,

barry B)

The Duramax is an AWSOME engine. You should be very happy with your choice. No, I'm not a car salesman. Nice of you to post this here though for those who are.

It's a funny thing in life, but I work hard for my money just like everyone else and I prefer to spend it with people that I like that have similar ideas to mine in life. Read that as pro gun individuals. It's nice that someone else seems to think the same way. B)

Rick

My experience with the Duramax has been pretty mixed, but then I only see them when they are broken. The LB7 (2001-2004.5) has had its share of problems, while the LLY (2004.5-present) hasn't had any problems that I am amare of. The injectors in the LB7 have been a head ache, but it seems that GM has gotten the bugs worked out, and replacement injectors are not coming back. There was a problem with the factory torquing the head bolts correctly early on, which resulted in a few head gasket leaks, problem has been solved. These were the two major problems that I have seen, and only on the LB7. In fact, I have yet to have to repair an LLY.

The Allison transmission has been bulletproof. Only seen one really broken, which was low mileage, so it was probably put together out of spec. Transfer cases and rear ends are pretty much bulletproof also, the rear end is one of the biggest I have seen in a light duty truck. With the Silverado, GM finally put good brakes on them, and I have only had to replace pads a few times on pretty high mileage rigs.

For 2006, the engine has been bumped to 360hp and 650ft. lbs., and the transmission has been given another overdrive gear for a total of six. I haven't gotten to drive one yet, but I hear its pretty incredible.

My in-laws drive Powerstrokes, an F250 and an F450. They are both nice trucks, with plenty of power, but they aren't as refined as the Chevy. I'd take a DMax over a Ford or Dodge any day of the week.