Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World's Most Powerful Handgun...

Middle Man

as soon as i get some free time i am gonna pull the barrel off mine and design a better comp for it. the little factory thing on the end that they call a comp doesn't do shit. the recoil really isn't that bad, i'm used to it now but for the first timers it is a bit much. the first day i got mine i shot 30 rounds of the factory hornady 350gr XTP ammo and it split the skin open in the web of my hand. once you establish a real grip on the gun it aint so bad. it is the most effective revolver i have ever used for hunting and there is no doubt who's shooting when you touch one off out in the woods, everytime i shoot it when hunting i'll get a call on the radio from on of my buddies asking me if i just took a shot, it has a sound all it's own. :unsure:

as for the guy that got wacked in the forehead, you might want to tell him to wear a helmet when shooting or spend a little more time in the bathroom working on his gripping technique. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dan,

You need a new Name-thingy-under-your-avatar. S&W Stud. 30 rounds of that would have made my hands ache. I shot it at Ladies Camp in both 10" and 4.5". The 4.5" was actually more comfortable to shoot, but not 30 rounds of it in one sitting.

Liota

Here is a video of a 700gr bullet traveling about 1100fps into a Big log. The log was about 30 in long and 10-12 in in diameter (heavy log) no problem taking it right off the wall.

500 mag Vs Log

In these two we are shooting some of those 5 gallon jugs you by your oil for turkey frying in. I fill them up with water then pull the trigger, easy enjoyable to water the lawn.

500mag- 275gr Barnes X traveling about 2100fps Vs 5 gallons of water

500mag- 350gr Hornady Vs 5 gallons of water

:lol:  :lol:

Dan

I bet the dot never leaves the lens, right? :wacko:

Here is a video of a 700gr bullet traveling about 1100fps into a Big log. The log was about 30 in long and 10-12 in in diameter (heavy log) no problem taking it right off the wall.

500 mag Vs Log

In these two we are shooting some of those 5 gallon jugs you by your oil for turkey frying in. I fill them up with water then pull the trigger, easy enjoyable to water the lawn.

500mag- 275gr Barnes X traveling about 2100fps Vs 5 gallons of water

500mag- 350gr Hornady Vs 5 gallons of water

:lol:  :lol:

Dan

Wow, that was cool!

Have any of ya'll run any of the Cor Bon 500 Special ammo for compairson? Shorter case 350 FMJ seems more like a plinking round...

i would like to shoot a pepper popper with a 440 grain load and video tape it...having shot one, i would like to have one of the 500s, the recoil wasnt that bad...but it wasnt that good either!

it makes a 44 magnum look and feel like wet firecrackers....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A guy at on our indoor league bought on of the custom shop guns, he touched a couple rounds off one night, along with B Seevers and it didn't look that bad at all. The comp is 360* ported and the gun didnt't raise up anymore than a .44 mag. I want one!