Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"High" safety for TSO/CM?

regor

I have had the occasional issue with my TSO and CM where I get a poor support hand position on the draw and end up pushing up on the safety just enough to prevent firing. It would be nice if the ledge on the safety was a little higher/angled slightly upward when the safety is off, more like a 2011 safety. Does anyone make a version that addresses this or have any solutions?

This happened to me at a match this weekend (on a fixed time stage!) and one of the other shooters in my squad said he has the same issue and was going to try to weld on some extra material on top of the safety and then file away the bottom to shift the ledge up a few millimeters. I am a pretty crappy welder, but at $35 for a spare safety, I might give this option a try...

Edited by regor

5 hours ago, regor said:

I am a pretty crappy welder, but at $35 for a spare safety, I might give this option a try...

I didn't previously see your cost restriction. IMO, the shadow 2 safety is expensive but very worth it. A cheaper option is to grind down the safety on the support hand side. I did that before I purchased the new safety.

1 hour ago, DeadlyHuggz said:

I didn't previously see your cost restriction. IMO, the shadow 2 safety is expensive but very worth it. A cheaper option is to grind down the safety on the support hand side. I did that before I purchased the new safety.

$35 isn’t a cost restriction, I was just commenting that a $35 experiment might be worth it. 

I don’t have any issues with the right side safety, I’m right handed so the only time I use the right side safety is WHO stages. 

Is this the Shadow 2 safety you are talking about? https://cajungunworks.com/product/50012-safety-set-shadow-2-extended-left-side/

Best upgrade to a TSO is the S2 medium shelf safety on left side of gun (for right handed shooter).  The huge paddle safety is another option, but on a gun that is being "dumped" on the clock (i.e. 3gun), it comes off too easily and will get you in trouble.

Second best upgrade is LOK palm swell grips.

Third best upgrade is grip tape on front half of slide.

Edited by adamge

On 3/9/2020 at 10:06 PM, regor said:

$35 isn’t a cost restriction, I was just commenting that a $35 experiment might be worth it. 

I don’t have any issues with the right side safety, I’m right handed so the only time I use the right side safety is WHO stages. 

Is this the Shadow 2 safety you are talking about? https://cajungunworks.com/product/50012-safety-set-shadow-2-extended-left-side/

Yeah, that link you provided is the safety I'm talking about.