Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Postal Match

10mmdave

I see.  Couldn't make it to Ontelaunee, so you went and made your own.  Know I know how you MA guys work.  What's next, your own PSA Shootout  :lol: ?

I'm stilled bummed I missed Ontelaunee, 1 week after the SC was just too close.

So how did the O shoot go ?? I haven't heard anything.

No results yet. The field was wide open without you and the rest of the MA crew there. Herb Beck didn't make it either, I think there were 40-50 shooters over all. I continued my always-a-bridesmaid-never-bride streak, I goofed one stage (thought I had a nine shooter instead of an eight shooter and forgot to reload) which probably gave Limited to Troy. And a shooter from my squad won the gun, AGAIN! There's always next year... The good news is my Short Colt loads worked well, except for a few B's and some steel that wasn't very impressed by it.

Rob,

That 625 with your USPSA loads would have taken care of the steel fine. ;)

Haven't figured out why you guys feel you need an 8 shooter to shoot ICORE, the stages are 6 gun "NOOtrawl"!!!! :huh:

Aside from just another reason to buy another blaster. ;)

A few of the guys in the Club i'm in have decided to shoot the postal match, I am going to use my 646, since IDPA has decided to make that gun not a good choice to use any more. :(

Any way, put more powder in them short Colts and they will take steel down.

See you at next years Revolver Nationals. :D

HOP

No results yet.  The field was wide open without you and the rest of the MA crew there.  Herb Beck didn't make it either, I think there were 40-50 shooters over all.  I continued my always-a-bridesmaid-never-bride streak, I goofed one stage (thought I had a nine shooter instead of an eight shooter and forgot to reload) which probably gave Limited to Troy.  And a shooter from my squad won the gun, AGAIN!  There's always next year...  The good news is my Short Colt loads worked well, except for a few B's and some steel that wasn't very impressed by it.

Glad to hear they had a good showing, next year September won't be so busy

I hope.

Haven't seen a 6 shooter win it yet, least not since the 8 shooters came along :)

Actually Angus Hobdal ( sp) won the IRC Limited Division with a 625 a couple of years ago. If you make your shots count it is possible, but it helps to have the extra rounds for makeups.

I never could figure out how a six shot string was neutral when a guy with an 8 shot had two makeups and the 6 shot had to reload if he made a mistake.

Actually Angus Hobdal ( sp) won the IRC Limited Division with a 625 a couple of years ago.  If you make your shots count it is possible, but it helps to have the extra rounds for makeups.

I never could figure out how a six shot string was neutral when a guy with an 8 shot had two makeups and the 6 shot had to reload if he made a mistake.

Ya know that's rude of me, I always forget the limited/iron sighted stats.

I think I saw a lot of 6 shooters in the limited division and more 8 shooters

in open when I attended the IRC.

And alot has to go to stage design to be 6 rnd neutral, at MRA we were running

"Revo Only" shoots and we kept it 6 rnds, reload, 6 more, move, so an 8 shot

didn't have an advantage (least IMO they didn't)

"Three Views" from the postal match will be fun with an 8 shot :P

Az Shooter,

Exactly!!!!!

that IMHO is the BIGGEST reason there is not a big cross over from ICORE to USPSA. :angry: (and Power factor?)

Also a reason (I think) there is not a bunch of ICORE in the Southeastern US???

10MMdave, I was talking about USPSA Revolver Nationals.....NOT the 8 shooter,out west nationals ;)

You know, where the Crazy really dedicated Major shooting 6 gunners go to get their ass handed back to them by Jerry M. :P

Hope to see some of you, somewhere.

HOP

Sam;

Having an eight shooter and a place to use it is one reason for using it in ICORE. Insurance is the other. There's nothing like knowing you have to make-up shots if you need them. It's a real kick compared to USPSA where there's no such thing as a make-up shot in Revolver (OK, maybe you might have one or two a YEAR)!

I haven't chrono'ed my Short Colt loads yet, but I'm definitely going to have to add more powder or switch to a heavier bullet for the PSA Shootout. I was happy just to get the rounds flying straight. I ordered some 170 gr. Tournament Master heads from Sierra, but they're too long for the Short Colt case, I'll use them in regular ole' .38 Special for steel. My next move is a 158 gr. plated, should give a round nose for speed loading and a little extra oompf for steel. The loads I did use had an awesome reload, just like a 625, when I remembered I had to feed the cylinder :blink: !

Edited by R112mercer

Dave....... :):):)

Hope you can make it!!!!!

Start early on your section coordinator for a slot, if you don't have a "slot match"

Rob, Man that is why I set up a bunch of stages at the local matches...Have plenty of "Spares".

See ya.

SAM

Dave,

Are they only running the Postal Match, or will there be some additional stages like Ontelaunee? I'd really like to shoot another ICORE match this year and this fits nicely into my schedule. The only other match I have on the 30th is a local steel match which I'll happily miss for a little action revolver.

Dave,

Are they only running the Postal Match, or will there be some additional stages like Ontelaunee?  I'd really like to shoot another ICORE match this year and this fits nicely into my schedule.  The only other match I have on the 30th is a local steel match which I'll happily miss for a little action revolver.

Just the postal match R112, we'll be shooting the 4 stages in our indoor range so

anymore than 4 and it takes too long <_<

We have a good group of revo shooters so it will move along well.

• 2 weeks later...