Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Help

longbeard

Hello all, I've searched a lot and read a lot, but still can't put it all together. I've come into a legion with the GG trigger. Not sure which springs were used and it has not adjustable trigger. 

Weight is fine. Reset is horrid. I am confused how to address that issue. Will a Keres or Armory craft do the trick?  Is one better than the other?  It appears maybe one or both will add some weight to the pull?  Is there another approach people are using?

1 hour ago, zhunter said:

The Keres trigger was designed for the P320 and increases the pull weight on the Legion

The Armory Craft trigger was designed for the Legion geometry and decreases the pull weight not the Legion

I  read that, but I've also noticed that keros says for the X5. Has something changed?

I understand that the trigger allows pre and over travel adjustments, but this isn't really going to change the distance it takes to reset?  Or are those trigger using a different geometry as well?

25 minutes ago, longbeard said:

I  read that, but I've also noticed that keros says for the X5. Has something changed?

I understand that the trigger allows pre and over travel adjustments, but this isn't really going to change the distance it takes to reset?  Or are those trigger using a different geometry as well?

The fully adjustable triggers are great and I couldn't be without one on a P320-based range gun.

I've never been disappointed with my reset quality, although I've had the Apex trigger bar installed from Day One.

Not really sure if that has anything to do with it.

YMMV

Edited by DirectDrive

1 hour ago, longbeard said:

X5 and X5 Legion geometry are not the same 

57 minutes ago, longbeard said:

So has anyone definitely decided if the Apex trigger bar paired with the GG trigger is a good thing?

I have the Apex bar with the Keres trigger.

They play well together.

Starting from scratch, I would get this kit...

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-competition-hybrid-trigger-system/

You should be able to get a flat trigger if you ask.

Edited by DirectDrive

28 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

I have the Apex bar with the Keres trigger.

They play well together.

Starting from scratch, I would get this kit...

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-competition-hybrid-trigger-system/

You should be able to get a flat trigger if you ask.

I have the flat non adjustable gg kit. Which imo has very little over travel thus the over travel adjustment isn't critical to me. It's the distance to get the trigger to reset which is much further than anything I'm used to. 

The AC trigger claims to improve this, but I don't quite understand how set screws will fix the reset position. Seems to me that either is done with a trigger bar or with changing the geometry of the trigger lever itself. Is that what the AC and Keres do?

47 minutes ago, longbeard said:

I have the flat non adjustable gg kit. Which imo has very little over travel thus the over travel adjustment isn't critical to me. It's the distance to get the trigger to reset which is much further than anything I'm used to. 

The AC trigger claims to improve this, but I don't quite understand how set screws will fix the reset position. Seems to me that either is done with a trigger bar or with changing the geometry of the trigger lever itself. Is that what the AC and Keres do?

I really can't say. I'm using a combination of things and I'm happy with trigger performance.

Of all the people on Youtube making videos about trigger upgrades, Sig Sauer Guy does an above average job...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4apNgPXEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ClrRVcYx4

On 2/23/2020 at 8:30 AM, longbeard said:

Hello all, I've searched a lot and read a lot, but still can't put it all together. I've come into a legion with the GG trigger. Not sure which springs were used and it has not adjustable trigger. 

Weight is fine. Reset is horrid. I am confused how to address that issue. Will a Keres or Armory craft do the trick?  Is one better than the other?  It appears maybe one or both will add some weight to the pull?  Is there another approach people are using?

Are you comparing the reset to another gun? its hard to say what the issue is you are having it may be normal. For example the reset on my x-5 is horrid when compared to my CZ TSO. Striker fired guns in my experience haven't come close to a hammer fired race guns in terms of triggers.

1 minute ago, Lowsc3 said:

Are you comparing the reset to another gun? its hard to say what the issue is you are having it may be normal. For example the reset on my x-5 is horrid when compared to my CZ TSO. Striker fired guns in my experience haven't come close to a hammer fired race guns in terms of triggers.

I'm with you.  Striker guns will never have a trigger like a hammer hook and sear system.  However, I am pretty sure the reset can be improved with the right components as evidenced by watching some videos.

I just want to understand thoroughly before I spend $100.  Looks to me like the AC trigger is a good bet and perhaps the Apex trigger bar.

AC triggers are unicorns @ the moment unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, longbeard said:

I'm with you.  Striker guns will never have a trigger like a hammer hook and sear system.  However, I am pretty sure the reset can be improved with the right components as evidenced by watching some videos.

I just want to understand thoroughly before I spend $100.  Looks to me like the AC trigger is a good bet and perhaps the Apex trigger bar.

AC triggers are unicorns @ the moment unfortunately.

I just have had the regular GG trigger kit in it, not the new one and have been happy. If you can find a better combo keep me posted i wouldn't mind being happier !