Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 squeaky spring?

(1) Replace with the Level 10 toolhead spring assembly. A vastly superior design that actually holds the head all the way up.

(2) Yes. Lube that bad boy. The squeak is usually the spring against the cup that it gets squished down into.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

(1) Replace with the Level 10 toolhead spring assembly. A vastly superior design that actually holds the head all the way up.

(2) Yes. Lube that bad boy. The squeak is usually the spring against the cup that it gets squished down into.

It is a level 10 spring and bushing. Just started squeaking today right at about 4000 rds 

Use something like the red lithium grease. Use it on the ratchet part, case feeder slide (and spring) and the tool head case feeder cam piece. Use a motor oil on the main shaft. Sure I am missing some parts but you get the idea. Keep a tub of grease next press. 

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Ahh. Well then nevermind!

Mine hasn’t squeaked yet. But I did lightly grease the inside of the cup when installing it.

Did that to with the grease on the cup. Gonna load up 2k more tomorrow then take tool head off to put the shell plate bearing on and lighter detent ball. 6-7k rds should be good to take apart and clean anyway and re oil parts. I know about all the oil points. It’s weird how it all of a sudden started squeaking like that. Will put some gun oil on the spring this time just put it in dry when I first put it in. 

4 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Did that to with the grease on the cup. Gonna load up 2k more tomorrow then take tool head off to put the shell plate bearing on and lighter detent ball. 6-7k rds should be good to take apart and clean anyway and re oil parts. I know about all the oil points. It’s weird how it all of a sudden started squeaking like that. Will put some gun oil on the spring this time just put it in dry when I first put it in. 

no gun oil 

grease

9 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Lube the spring, as stated in the manual, and if you didn't get the spare parts kit, when it's time to replace, go for the level 10 kit as stated above.

When I got my 1050 in 2007, I got the spare parts kit, and replaced the spring with with the spae.  I replace that one last year with the Level 10 and couldn't be happier.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

There. Fixed it for you. 😈😁

😂 about to take the ratchet off. Have a ponsness Warren autodrive being delivered tomorrow. Got a great deal from a friend like new with custom control panel. Gonna try to see if I like before spending the extra money for a ammobot or m7.