Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Squad Dvds Available For Pre-order!

super fast shipping. Great DVD, well worth the money.

x2

Still waiting for the mailman to deliver mine :(

Cost of living in paradise :lol:

eta: Got them yesterday, stayed up late to watch most of it. I liked the superimposed images when comparing two shooters. They make it look so easy

barry

Edited by HI5-O

Quick review:

These are the best-quality videos of our sport ever done. EG and Jim Scouten also have good stuff, but Saul is #1, even better than his 2003 Open DVD. He's outdone himself.

Only downside of these vids has NOTHING to do with Saul. We don't see shootoffs [there weren't any to film] and we only see Max and Travis shoot one match each.

OPEN:

More fun just because Saul goes HatCam on every stage, he shoots really fast, and I like Aimpoints. Even more fun is playing his hatcam footage at 1/8th or 1/16th speed and seeing the hammer drop before the slide comes back. You can see his gun track the swingers thru their arc, too. Nice.

Shooters at any level can learn from the Open dvd. Saul will point out a few key decisions shooters make to cut seconds off their elapsed times. Watch Max and Todd and get an appreciation of just how smart they are.

LIMITED:

Mr. Leatham gets off an epic blast on the Limited DVD. Worth the price of admission just to watch him say What's On His Mind.

Personal aside, now that I've been watching SmittyFL tear us apart on moving-shooting field courses for years, I take consolation in watching him do the same thing to some of the best shooters in the world. You the man!

You can see several guys have something go wrong and they just keep on chugging - you can almost feel the clock ticking and there's no quit in those guys. Watch Smitty kick his spent mag not once, not twice, but 3 times on a stage he wins. Todd overcomes a major and a minor obstacle - both as if it's all part of the test. No problem.

Watch guys try something really trick, then see someone shoot straight up & win the stage.

Buy them both.

Edited by eric nielsen

I thought Saul did an incredible job. I really like the background music. The Limited DVD has a strange start to it. I thought my player had bumped to the next chapter. All of a sudden, BANG...there's a golf cart riding by. I know, that's minor stuff. Personally, I just can't get enough of the cover (the top half)! :P:P

I haven't seen the Open DVD, yet. I'm sure it's just as good as the Limited one.

Well done Saul.

Phil

Hi Guys,

thanks for the great reviews on my new Super Squad DVDs. It's a real thrill to read the feedback from other shooters. After so many hours of work, it' so nice to hear the movies are appreciated.

The WS DVD is now out - and I am sure our host here, Steve, will carry that one too. I will make sure get his ASAP. It's a double disc, 3 hour+ DVD, and this one DOES HAVE THE SHOOT-OFF*. All divisions - and with a split camera view on all the shoot-off runs, so you can watch the shooters and the plats side by side.

It was a TON of work, but I hope you will agree it was worth it.

Send me you email with your feedback - I will post them on my site (provided they are not too negative.

info@doublealpha.biz

thanks again,

Saul Kirsch

Double-Alpha Academy

* there is no shoot-off on the Super Squad DVDs - because there wasn't one in either match.

Saul, short of taking a class with the 'Masters', I think your videos are one of the most fantastic training tools out there. With the ability on DVD to slow time down to watch and break down the technique of the big boys, it's invaluable.

Thanks for all your efforts and I'll be looking for that World Shoot DVD.

Derrick

Hi Guys,

thanks for the great reviews on my new Super Squad DVDs. It's a real thrill to read the feedback from other shooters. After so many hours of work, it' so nice to hear the movies are appreciated.

The WS DVD is now out - and I am sure our host here, Steve, will carry that one too. I will make sure get his ASAP. It's a double disc, 3 hour+ DVD, and this one DOES HAVE THE SHOOT-OFF*. All divisions - and with a split camera view on all the shoot-off runs, so you can watch the shooters and the plats side by side.

It was a TON of work, but I hope you will agree it was worth it.

Send me you email with your feedback - I will post them on my site (provided they are not too negative.

info@doublealpha.biz

thanks again,

Saul Kirsch

Double-Alpha Academy

* there is no shoot-off on the Super Squad DVDs - because there wasn't one in either match.

• 3 weeks later...