Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules Change Log

rhett45acp

I must be getting old.  I thought on the USPSA website there was a rules change log.   I cannot find it and under the rulings and the link for official rulings says all have been implemented in the rule book.  Part 2, I could have sworn I had a copy of the rules that had the changes documented inside?

Even that "log" is not a complete list of the edits to the rules, it's somebody's hand-summary and missed a few things.

USPSA needs to implement some actual version control with diffs available for people that care. I brought it up to Rick B at USPSA way back but haven't seen anything.

4 hours ago, shred said:

Even that "log" is not a complete list of the edits to the rules, it's somebody's hand-summary and missed a few things. [...]

Sorry Shred ... That particular change log was prepared by the same RMI who processed the changes from the last version of the rules to the current version.

19 hours ago, shred said:

Even that "log" is not a complete list of the edits to the rules, it's somebody's hand-summary and missed a few things.

USPSA needs to implement some actual version control with diffs available for people that care. I brought it up to Rick B at USPSA way back but haven't seen anything.

The new rule book has been out a year, the change log memo pointed out the major changes, but the rule book isn't that big, 121 pages total.

It has been out long enough that anyone that shoots matches, helps run matches, is an R.O. could have and should have read it enough to know what the rules are.

NROI has been doing video's and posts about rules to help get people to understand the rules.

Unfortunately it is hard to get answers on rules questions from DNROI, so people come here to try and figure them out.

• 2 weeks later...