Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dissident Arms KL-12 Optic Recommendation

travail

Trying to decide between the Vortex Razor red dot or the Trijicon SRO. Big fan of the Vortex warranty, but also like the idea of not at all worrying about the battery life of the SRO and hear they are very solid so breaking shouldn't be an issue. I currently have both optics for other guns, so can do a side by side comparison, just don't have the KL-12 yet. Anyone out there that have tried either or both on their shotgun that can provide any feedback?

Has no one tried sticking a 510c on a KL-12? It looks like it will be a close fit on the front rail section, but I hope to make it work with a bit of grinding on the sight base if required once I take possession of my dissident in a month or so. 

I currently run a Vortex Venom on my Dissident gun. Nothing bad to say about the Vortex but looking forward to trying out a Holosun next year. Whatever you pick, it will take a beating for most 3-gun matches.

I run a VEPR I built myself and mount the optic on the rail on the dust cover. Replaced the plastic rail with steel. I tried several optics and ended up with the Holosun 510c. I really like the bigger window.

One of the guys I regularly shoot with suggested the holosun as well. Bought a couple this morning for a pretty good deal for the shotgun and pcc to have similar optics. Now just a couple weeks left until the Dissident arrives!