Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO thumb rest options

e-mishka

17 minutes ago, 07yzryder said:

Thank You

I thought I remember reading somewhere that even though the IPSC Alex says it direct bolt on it still required some fitting, am I misremembering that?

Not familiar with the F4E one.

If those are true bolt on options that’s interesting.

When I got my TSO I looked a little for a thumbrest but it seems like most of them required gun modification which I was interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a few thumb rests, and although I usually wouldn't opt to design and make my own, I bought some aluminum angle stock at Lowe's.

It cuts and files easily, which is nice, because I started over a couple times to get what felt good.

I bought a 3 ft piece 1/8" thick and 1/2x1/2".

It can also be textured to your liking.

21 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

I thought I remember reading somewhere that even though the IPSC Alex says it direct bolt on it still required some fitting, am I misremembering that?

Not familiar with the F4E one.

If those are true bolt on options that’s interesting.

When I got my TSO I looked a little for a thumbrest but it seems like most of them required gun modification which I was interested in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible the design changed a little but the one I bought last year required some modification for it to sit flat. One of the edges didn't match the radius inside the factory cutout. It wasn't hard to fix and in theory you could use it without modification but the thumbrest didn't sit flat against the frame which is why I felt like it needed modification. Also, the IPSC Alex thumbrest isn't just wider than the factory piece, it also sits further forward.

Thanks for the info.

Shot my first match the other night. That stock thumb rest kills my giant Wookiee thumb. So I’m gonna need to take it off or replace it.

Was the modification just rounding the edge to match the cut out? Do you have any pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, iflyskyhigh said:

I like the looks of the F4E one too. Does anyone have any first hand experience with that one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That what my friend ordered, not received yet b/c he is getting it ceracoated black