Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Texas Sectional

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there and I have word that the USSA team from Tulsa will be there too. 

Anyone arriving Friday night want to arrange to meet for dinner?  If so, specify your meal preference (italian, mexican, americana, etc).

I'm in... No particular cuisine preference though. Are there any particularly "notable" eateries one should visit on their first visit to WF?

I'll be there ro-ing.

I copied this off the North Texas web page.

2005 North Texas Section Championship

Hosted by: Double Tap Ranch Gun Club, Wichita Falls, Tx

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Match Fee $75.00 ($100.00 if postmarked after October 1, 2005)

Match - Trophy & Medallion Awards

Bucket Raffle to Follow Match

(2 tickets to Bucket Raffle with Paid entry at or before the match in addition to the Bucket Raffle Tickets earned during the 2005 North Texas Section Qualifier Matches)

shooters Meeting at 8:30am

Match Starts at 9:00am, 9 Stages of fire, Including 1 Classifier, 235 (+) Rounds

Entry Form - Release Form

I'm in...  No particular cuisine preference though.  Are there any particularly "notable" eateries one should visit on their first visit to WF?

Robert said there is some joint that has good steak. Don't know the name. A bunch of us went to Texas Roadhouse for the DTR championship and it was tasty. All the usual chain resteraunts are there in Wichita Falls. Anyone have any recommendations?

all the "GOOD" resturants are lised on our web Page at www.doubletapranch.com

Talked to mike this last weekend at TSL and he said he has over $8000.00 worth of prizes already and has spent very little secition money yet. so it going to be a GOOD prize table.

OK... Here are my two choices:

Fat McBrides Steaks - 4537 Maplewood - 692-0250 (Just a block east of Kemp Blvd.)

for land-based meat, or

Mcbrides Seafood & Steaks - 5400 Syemour Hwy - 692-2462

for both land and sea-based meat.

Of course, the Texas Roadhouse could be considered a "known quantity" since y'all ate there earlier this year.

Man... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Think I'll go to Salt Grass and grab some steak and cheescake... ;)

OK...  Here are my two choices:

Fat McBrides Steaks - 4537 Maplewood - 692-0250 (Just a block east of Kemp Blvd.)

for land-based meat, or

Mcbrides Seafood & Steaks - 5400 Syemour Hwy - 692-2462

for both land and sea-based meat.

Of course, the Texas Roadhouse could be considered a "known quantity" since y'all ate there earlier this year.

Man...  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  Think I'll go to Salt Grass and grab some steak and cheescake...  ;)

Clay,

The McBrides Land and Cattle Company downtown is much, much better. We ate at both of them when we were there for DTC. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn it is really close to (like 7 blocks). If you head on 5th away from the freeway to Scott and take a left, the restaurant is there on the right.

The Holiday Inn Or What it was Last year, has been sold and is the Remington Something. Holiday Inn decide to buy the sheraton across the highway Just so folks willl know. I hate it when the landmarks change

The McBrides Land and Cattle Company downtown is much, much better.  We ate at both of them when we were there for DTC.  If you are staying at the Holiday Inn it is really close to (like 7 blocks).  If you head on 5th away from the freeway to Scott and take a left, the restaurant is there on the right.

Is this the one on Seymour Hwy (she says not knowing what streets constitute downtown)?

Heck, I can only tell you where the Carl's jr. is because my husband's car broke down there! :P After the major tire blow out (and I mean major, no tire left on rim) on his car enroute to the Waco match, I think the local shooters are starting a pool on what will break next.

Edited by carinab

The McBrides Land and Cattle Company downtown is much, much better.  We ate at both of them when we were there for DTC.  If you are staying at the Holiday Inn it is really close to (like 7 blocks).  If you head on 5th away from the freeway to Scott and take a left, the restaurant is there on the right.

Is this the one on Seymour Hwy (she says not knowing what streets constitute downtown)?

Heck, I can only tell you where the Carl's jr. is because my husband's car broke down there! :P After the major tire blow out (and I mean major, no tire left on rim) on his car enroute to the Waco match, I think the local shooters are starting a pool on what will break next.

No, that is not the one that I am talking about. That one as good, but the one on Scott was better. If you are going from the range you would stay on Seymore until you pass under the interstate. Then the road will turn into 5th street. Stay on 5th street until you hit Scott and take a left. The restaurant is on the right. There is also a mexican joint there too, but McBrides is the place.

Thanks Kurt... I posted the info on the wrong one... Here's the info on the one you are saying is the best of the two:

McBride's Land and Cattle

501 Scott

Wichita Falls, Texas

940-322-2516

Here is the MapBlast Big Map of 501Scott

Here is a cool map showing pointers to many Wichita Falls Steak Places.

If you look on the left side, you can click to change the restaurant type by choosing a "Dining-<sub category>" link. The map that pops up has pointers to the locations. If you click the pointers, it pops up the name/addy of the place...

WOW! that link to steak place is WAY WAY out of date several of the restrants don't exist anymore. and I would NEVER get a steak at a pioneer rest.

I eat out almost every day been to almost all the restaurants several times, so I would stick to the restrauants on our web page.

Branding Iron on scott and hwy 82 (kell blvd.) has kick butt BBQ but is one of those hole in the wall places.

Edited by scorch