Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ulitimate Fighter 2

Rikarin

re UFC

Arrrrgh! 8 seconds heavy weight championship fight is so boooooo. I mean, its cool and scary how strong Anerei is, even thought he is so creepy.But "let's get it on!" and next thing I knew was Big John stopping the fights. I was like "are you out of your mind??? it's just started!!"

This time, I didn't have many buddies to watch together and shelled out 20bux! Forrest's TKO in like 1st rounds too. So, its almost like $5/minute. Geesh. Dana, can you come up with more equal match up please?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It like the old days of Tyson in his prime. None of his fights lasted more than a minute either.

Was Mike Swick one of the undercards on this one? He's got two UFC victories under his belt now for about a total of 42 seconds of fighting. His last fight was over so fast he shouldn't have bothered changing out of his street clothes.

Is it just me, or are the season 2 fighters a bit more.......wussy-like than the season one fighters. I mean, Dana White had to tell these guys to "leave it in the octagon". Would good UFC fighters need that reminder? Also, is it just me again, or is Matt Hughes an a*****e?

It's not just you. Matt is an asshat. The welters don't seem bad, but the heavys are stinking up the place. Next week is a heavyweight fight and the previews do not make it look good. They show a shot of Dana saying, "I can't believe it," and he doesn't look like he's happy.

The Luke Cummo vs. Anthony Torres welterweight elimination fight was ... interesting. I don't think anybody really knew what to expect from Luke Cummo (the thin guy who wears glasses and is big into eastern spiritualism). Luke did a good job of controlling the fight, escaping the rear naked choke Anthony got him into, and just plain beating Anthony around. Unfortunately, I don't think Luke has the shear power to deliver a knockout so the fight went all 15 minutes. But at the end of 10, Anthony was out of gas and Luke looked good for a couple of more rounds.

I think the Welterweight Semi-Final between Luke Commo and Joe Stevenson (short guy built like a fireplug) is going to be an interesting fight. While all 4 of the remaining welterweights I think have shot at UFC careers, I think these two are my picks for the #1 and #2 contender.

And yeah, the heavyweights have been disappointing. If Keith Jardine makes it to the Semis without fighting in next weeks episode, does that make him the first fighter to make the semis without a fight?

It's not just you.  Matt is an asshat.  The welters don't seem bad, but the heavys are stinking up the place.  Next week is a heavyweight fight and the previews do not make it look good.  They show a shot of Dana saying, "I can't believe it," and he doesn't look like he's happy.

I'm wondering if some fighter doesn't quit again.

The Luke Cummo vs. Anthony Torres welterweight elimination fight was ... interesting.  I don't think anybody really knew what to expect from Luke Cummo (the thin guy who wears glasses and is big into eastern spiritualism).  Luke did a good job of controlling the fight, escaping the rear naked choke Anthony got him into, and just plain beating Anthony around.  Unfortunately, I don't think Luke has the shear power to deliver a knockout so the fight went all 15 minutes.  But at the end of 10, Anthony was out of gas and Luke looked good for a couple of more rounds.

I think the Welterweight Semi-Final between Luke Commo and Joe Stevenson (short guy built like a fireplug)  is going to be an interesting fight.  While all 4 of the remaining welterweights I think have shot at UFC careers, I think these two are my picks for the #1 and #2 contender.

And yeah, the heavyweights have been disappointing.  If Keith Jardine makes it to the Semis without fighting in next weeks episode, does that make him the first fighter to make the semis without a fight?

It was like Luke said, I'm going to run him out of gas. I thought Luke won every round. Lukes elbow strikes, knees, and good offense while on his back was more than I expected from him. I do believe you're right that he doesn't possess the ko power that is definitely nice to have.

Dana had it right about Luke, Luke is the nerd that beats you up and then you can't hang with your friends anymore. LOL!

I can't remember If any fighter has made it to the semis without fighting.

Edited by walangkatapat

Joe Stevenson will finish Luke quickly. Joe is tough as nails, as those who follow the nhb fightgame knew before the show started. He will walk in the welter division.

Matt Hughes is a tough guy with a nasty attitude. I would not want him for a coach.

wow, I am still stuck with episode 3 but can't believe THAT Luke guy who needs to put his head to north while sleep is finalist. He looks like such a wimp! And furthermore, we Japanese put futon head-north when someone dies. Funny how American interpret differently and still Eastern BS power works!

Joe Stevenson will finish Luke quickly.  Joe is tough as nails, as those who follow the nhb fightgame knew before the show started.  He will walk in the welter division.

Matt Hughes is a tough guy with a nasty attitude.  I would not want him for a coach.

No doubt, and I think he'd be hell to fight, he's just got that college wrestler-cocky thing going about him that rubs me the wrong way. I liked the season one coaches better. Much more professional.

Bruce, I think you are probably right. Joe seems be a skilled fighter and to have the power Luke lacks and I don't think Luke is going to be able to run Joe out of gas. My picks for the final is Joe and Sammy with Joe winning. Jason is a scrappy kid, but he's a bit beatup now and in the semi-final with Sammy, that will play against him. However, I do think Joe vs Luke and Jason vs. Sammy are going to be fun fights to watch.

Sammy is a good fighter.

I don't see where Luke or Jason have the punch to have a puncher's chance against Joe. He will walk through both of their standup games and take them down and make $5k for ending the fights early.

I really enjoyed watching BJ Penn own Matt Hughes when they fought. Hughes fights Karo on Nov 19, and that kid may well hand Matt his hat. There is no questioning Matt's toughness though.

I can't remember If any fighter has made it to the semis without fighting.

Last season's Kenny Florian, Sam Hogar, and Mike Swick had not fought anyone before the semi-finals. Kenny only got a lucky elbow on Chris Leban to make it to the finals. Chris was handing it to him up to that point. Sam Hogar lost only to Forrest Griffin. Mike Swick got submitted with an armbar by Stephan Bonnar. The Deigo Sanchez/Josh Koscheck semi-final fight with both fighters having previous wins.

If it comes down to Juke and Joe, Joe will kill him. Joe has real power on the ground--something Anthony lacked. Luke's punches were merely scoring points. Nothing except the elbow that opened him up coud really have finished it.

Edited by folsoml

Joe Stevenson will finish Luke quickly.  Joe is tough as nails, as those who follow the nhb fightgame knew before the show started.  He will walk in the welter division.

Matt Hughes is a tough guy with a nasty attitude.  I would not want him for a coach.

No doubt, and I think he'd be hell to fight, he's just got that college wrestler-cocky thing going about him that rubs me the wrong way. I liked the season one coaches better. Much more professional.

Couture and Liddell are class acts.

Whitehead seemed to have one of "those days"...problem is, it was on television to the world and on videotape for him to have to watch over, and over, and over, and over.

Personally, I prefer 205 and down in the UFC. Pride has some heavy boys that can really rock, but the UFC heavy division needs help.

Whitehead seemed to have one of "those days"...problem is, it was on television to the world and on videotape for him to have to watch over, and over, and over, and over.

Personally, I prefer 205 and down in the UFC.  Pride has some heavy boys that can really rock, but the UFC heavy division needs help.

That heavy division guy that had the kick boxing skills was fairly impressive (don't remember his name). Anyone who can knock down a guy 6'7" with a kick is bada*s in my book..

Personally, I prefer 205 and down in the UFC.  Pride has some heavy boys that can really rock, but the UFC heavy division needs help.

That heavy division guy that had the kick boxing skills was fairly impressive (don't remember his name). Anyone who can knock down a guy 6'7" with a kick is bada*s in my book..

I think that was the fighter that had the bad shoulder and then tore it during the fight.

I think that was the fighter that had the bad shoulder and then tore it during the fight.

You're thinking of Rob MacDonald. He is fought Brad Imes (the guy with the cowboy hat), but did nothing so spectacular as getting in a good kick. All he wanted to do was take his bad shoulder and go home. That's how that half-a$$ed triangle chock submitted him.

The great kick guy was Seth Petruzelli. He fought the towering Dan Christison and won an easy decision (Too many decision's this season. That's the problem). Seth is really the only heavy I've seen this season with any kind of skill.

I'm guessing Nate will get killed by Franklin. I doubt he'll go down easy, so it should be a good fight.

Matt is definitely a childish asshat, but I don't really expect someone who loves to beat the crap out of people for money to be a nice guy. He knows what it takes to win, but has no idea how to coach. Franklin does a much better job during the fights.

I thought Rashad looked a hell of a lot better in the fight against Whitehead (who wouldn't), as he just pissed me off in his first fight against whoever that non-punching HW was. I dread the HW episodes :(

So far the "Unleashed" shows prior to the series are a heck of a lot better. The show where Franklin was highlighted was especially good. Saw one focused on Matt a while back, also awesome and showed Matt's "never say die" attitude. The show featuring Liddell was of course a good one.

One would think that up & coming fighters would realize one of the main differences between them and the big boys is aggressiveness. Yet they still come out week after week appearing to be afraid to punch or get punched.

I'm guessing Nate will get killed by Franklin. I doubt he'll go down easy, so it should be a good fight.

Matt is definitely a childish asshat, but I don't really expect someone who loves to beat the crap out of people for money to be a nice guy. He knows what it takes to win, but has no idea how to coach. Franklin does a much better job during the fights.

I thought Rashad looked a hell of a lot better in the fight against Whitehead (who wouldn't), as he just pissed me off in his first fight against whoever that non-punching HW was. I dread the HW episodes :(

So far the "Unleashed" shows prior to the series are a heck of a lot better. The show where Franklin was highlighted was especially good. Saw one focused on Matt a while back, also awesome and showed Matt's "never say die" attitude. The show featuring Liddell was of course a good one.

One would think that up & coming fighters would realize one of the main differences between them and the big boys is aggressiveness. Yet they still come out week after week appearing to be afraid to punch or get punched.

I would think that the sense of reluctance to mix it up comes from not having fought anyone, but these guys didn't just come off the street. They've got MMA backgrounds and professional fights under their belts. I don't know how to explain it though, because it was obvious that Rashad improved from his first fight. Maybe it was just camera fright, since none of their fights to this point were for big crowds.

Matt might be a crappy coach, be he is definitely a stud in the octagon. He must have superhuman strength to do the things he does.

I think Franklin will kill Quarry. Nate looks very tense when he fights. I think Rich will take advantage of this.

I think even Nate knows he is likely to lose the Franklin fight. But as he said, this is a step up oppurtunity that he can not pass up. The fight can teach him a lot and a great showing can position him for a better re-match down the road.

As for the professional heavyweights; Arlovski is a scary dude and I have always like Tim Sylvia (yes he got caught, but he stood up admitted his mistake and took his punishment) and has started a come-back from the broken arm.