Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FW ARMS AUTO-CASE CENTERING DECAPPER/DEPRIMER ?

hurley326

Does anyone have experience with the FW ARMS™ AUTO-CASE CENTERING DECAPPER/DEPRIMER ? I couldn't find much about this die but it looks promising. Idea is that it auto centers the case which is supposedly useful when running automated at higher speeds. I am not automated yet so I don't know how much trouble if any at all you would get with a standard redding carbide decap die. Mighty Armory seems to be another big player in the "premium" die space that has been around a little longer but I think their claim is just the toughness of the die. 

They make a similar die for the swage station as well. 

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/f-w-arms-auto-center-decapper/

image.thumb.png.7a52570c907bff66a868c3b08720fb12.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. It is a game changer man. Like it’ll blow your mind how awesome this is.
I’ve had cases come in there basically at a 45 degree angle. And the die auto centers jt back on the shell plate and punches the primer.
I’m Not completely done testing them but I’m sitting at a little over 30,000 pieces of brass processed using them and broke only 3 pins. Only because there was a rock inside one of the cases or the case ended up falling completely off the shell plate and came into that first station sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So right now I’m sitting at 60,000 pieces processed on this die. I’ve broken 4 pins total.
Reasons were debris in case.(rocks, or roller pick up nubs had broken off and were inside the brass).
One did smash a sideways case. Normally
This doesn’t happen. But in this case it did.
I’ll do a full write up when I’m done. I want to hit 70,000 before I give a full review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used mine to clean the mouths of over three thousand 308 LC pulled brass. If you take the tip off, you can replace the tip with a pistol length bore brush. I went through quite a few brushes but they removed the gunk from the mouths. I also hooked a vacuum up to the station after that to suck out any loose gunk. 

Eventually I will use it to decap. 

1 hour ago, DJRyan13 said:

I just used mine to clean the mouths of over three thousand 308 LC pulled brass. If you take the tip off, you can replace the tip with a pistol length bore brush. I went through quite a few brushes but they removed the gunk from the mouths. I also hooked a vacuum up to the station after that to suck out any loose gunk. 

Eventually I will use it to decap. 

This would be great as a final step on my .223 brass trimming to knock all the shavings loose from the RT1500. 

20 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

This would be great as a final step on my .223 brass trimming to knock all the shavings loose from the RT1500. 

my small shop vac hose fits snug around a Dillon lock ring. I used a Dillon powder die set to near shellplate. The suction inside the case and shellplate is exceptional. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 1:00 PM, hurley326 said:

Mine just arrived. Waiting on my mk7 to arrive. Will be interested in your full assessment. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just got the decapper and swage backer as well.   I’ll try them in my Revolution hopefully this weekend. 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, OptimiStick said:

just got the decapper and swage backer as well.   I’ll try them in my Revolution hopefully this weekend. 

I am using it now on my new Evo Pro but I can't really give an opinion since I haven't used the redding decapping die I have instead. Not worth me even comparing now since I bought the FW Arms. I definitely buy into the conical design, it makes perfect sense on paper. I havn't loaded many rounds on this press yet but definitely have not had any issues with the decapping or swage stations with these dies.