Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could crimp on a 19 be the problem?

Face5535

3 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

It could be. With it crimped that much, the case mouth is not catching on the shoulder in the chamber. Back off the crimp to about .378, try the plunk test, and see if that resolves the issue. Have you recently changed bullets? Can you post a pic or two of some seated but unfired primers? Kind of a side picture, so we can see how deep they are seated?

Yes, actually...  I was loading both 115 and 124  berrys (and honestly, may not have adjusted my dies when I changed over).

Ill have to do a bit more messing around tomorrow and get more pics of what you are asking for...

I also know I need to do some adjusting to my dies before I load anything else. 

This is all "practice range ammo", not match or duty ammo... so the fact that its running fin in my other guns means, thats what Ill shoot it out of them (this isnt ideal, but at least its not wasted ammo).  Once I load up more with adjusted dies and proper crimp, that may just fix this issue...

Either way, I am going to go to the range with and grab a bunch of factory ammo... if the pistol functions perfectly with it, then I will 100% know its the ammo, not anything to do with the gun.

actually you know what, I bet if you pull your safety plunger out and your striker out you will see evidence of the two hitting each other.  My guess is your over travel is reduced to much or the vertical extension of the trigger bar is a hair to short following modification and the two are hitting causing the light strikes. 

• 3 weeks later...