Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Horus Reticle Question?

dghboy315

so, i understand the horus H25 reticle is the hottest thing in MOR copetitions. i am only familiar with mil-dots, so i had a quesiton -- do you need to keep a data book w/ the H25 reticle? as i understand it, the H25 uses a computer program to generate either an exact position or come-up cards. but, how does this account for quirks w/ each particular rifle? i'm not super experienced, but i was under the impression that every rifle performs a little differently. That is why snipers keep data books for cold bore shots, etc... there are general come-ups, but every rifle needs to be shot for slight differences. does the horus program allow for this?

2nd question: i'm having a hard time finding 3rd party scope companies that sell their scopes w/ H25. do any of them have illuminated reticles? the horus reticle would be tuff to see in low light conditions w/out being lit.

thanks

from what I know about the program it doesnt allow for quirks.

US optics,schmidt and bender and leoupold use the reticle but I think you must buy it from horus. Im not crazy about this company. I sent my scope back to them for repair 3 months ago. a week ago they stopped answering my emails.

hardly what you would call standing behind their product.

If your used to using mil-dots the transition to the Horus vision will be easy. And yes they can come illuminated. I've used one for about a year now and have had good results with it. Have also used the program for other than Horus scopes and find it to be closer to real world results than other programs I have tried. Keith

Horus makes a good ballistic software for there scopes. The military version, the one I use is set-up for different type of ammo. But anyone of the Programs you get for the Palm Pilot you will be able to enter the data for your load. You will be entering gun data, weather conditions and your ammo information. Once all this information is added you will be able to figure out what line to use and at what distance. It is a pretty good system. I see these scope used at many different Tactical rifle and sniper matches.

I used the Horus program for my Mil-dot reticle. It works real GOOD.

Yep on the ATRAG software. It is as easy as the demos portray and it works as WELL as advertised. Like others have said, it will transition to your other scopes, loads, rifles, etc., by simply inputing the associated data.

Give it a whirl. I'm sure that you'll like the results.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

To answer the question, you do not need to use the PDA/software. You can use a conventional data book or a data-card. I use a data-card correct for my altitude.

The only thing you need to do is make sure your data is in mils.

ETA: you can buy an SN3 from USO with the H25 in it.

Edited by Zak Smith

FYI I have a US Optic SN3 new with the H25 lighted reticle, kill flash, and side parrallax for sale. Can email you some pics if you want. $2650 retail sell for $2200. Just don't need to have four of them!

I really enjoy working with the system. Yes you can use it w/o the Atrag, but, I wouldn't since you just miss out on way too many cool features of the integrated software like running a live zero.

Take care,

Matt

602-790-8838

ATRAG on an SD card is about as good as it gets for a field-expedient targeting system. You can save all your personal data, for multiple guns, loads, etc., on the card. Even if your Palm batteries go dead (about every month for me), you lose no data.

Matt, let me know if you still have the SN3, I have a new rifle that is currently nekid!

Edited by Paule