Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

32 MOA for USPSA

reckless

First time, long time. I am a new USPSA shooter. I am shooting carry optics. I am using Holosun 507c with the 2 MOA. I heard something recently about going to a larger MOA (such as a 6-10, and having instant improvement) the only option on the optic I have is the 32 MOA ring. So I have tried the 32 MOA ring last few days with dry fire and I'm quite a bit faster with every drill. 

Question - for USPSA and Steel Match, is there an issue with the 32 MOA ring that I am not aware of due to being a newbie?

Thanks.

I have the same optic and experimented with the 32 MOA ring intially. I have since gone back to just the 2 MOA dot. My issue was that I sometimes would accept marginal sight pictures with the large ring and therefore wasn't happy with my A/C hit percentages. 

I have the 503c right now with the 65moa ring, which I like. I feel it gives me a quick "good enough" for close stuff, but the 2moa dot is nice for more precise stuff. I was thinking of getting one of the 507s for a CO gun, but the 32 ring seems like it would be small enough that I could see myself ignoring the 2moa bit and just looking at a big honkin' red dot. So to me the view would feel too cluttered. Which is why I will probably switch to a 5moa SRO when I decide to upgrade optics.

But for close hoser type stuff, I could see it speeding you up. No trying to see the dot at all - it will just be a big red blob.

I have a round reticle and a centered dot on my shotgun and think it speed up aiming so much that my times are good inspite of minimal practice. When a precise aim is needed say for a slug hit I use the center dot w/o any hesitation. I assume this set up is conducive to speed and accuracy we heavily sought in our game even in pistols. Im curious to try it in my open hg.