Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open 9mm Hardy Pistol

mjc1677

Just picked up my new JL Hardy pistol and I can't tell you how much I am impressed with the fit and finish. I will shoot it for the first time on Wednesday. I am so glad I won't have to worry over the lost brass anymore.

Thanks again Joey.

Mike

post-3564-1127244663_thumb.jpg

post-3564-1127245062_thumb.jpg

Edited by mjc1677

MIKE

I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING ONE OF JOEYS 9'S FOR OVER A YEAR. IT'S LIKE A TIMEX [ TAKES A LICKING AN KEEPS ON TICKING ]. HE BUILDS A GREAT GUN. I JUST BOUGHT A NEW ONE ABOUT 2 MONTS AGO FOR MY GIRL FRIEND. IT'S JUST LIKE THE FIRST ONE WORKS GREAT.

ROGER CASH

Well back from the range and man this thing rocks. Fast as hell to point and tracked the dot 100%. Felt smooth and not choppy at all. (Load 9.1gr SP2 under Zero 125gr JHP) Haven't been able to chrono yet but should be able to work on some different loads this weekend. The "long" .38 sc I had before this felt like a tank compared to this one. And best of all I did not have to worry about loosing brass!!!!! :D:D:D

Mhearn, I think you would give one of JLs Open pistols a great home and would suggest one to anyone looking for a great pistol and not a long wait. (sorry for the shameless advertising)

300lbgorrila, I am not sure if it is one of the trubor ones. I don't remember what JL told me when I originally ordered it.

300lbgorrila,  I am not sure if it is one of the trubor ones.  I don't remember what JL told me when I originally ordered it.

Retract the slide and take a look to see if it's a one-piece barrel and comp. It's easy to tell if it's a cone comp as you'll be able to see the end of the cone where it meets the barrel.

Either way, niiiiiiice! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was mistaken. It does have a Trubor barrel. JL helped me out on that.

If anyone is looking to get a 9mm open gun I would look real hard at Mr. Hardy

Thanks again JL

Mike

Edited by mjc1677