Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BUG/CCP 1911?

RBeers

Hi everyone,

This year I started competing with a Dan Wesson PM9 in the Stock Service Pistol class at my local club. I've been doing really well with it. The bad news is: it spoiled me. I can't shoot my striker fired carry guns worth a dang anymore. I really have to tell myself "slow down!" or my accuracy suffers. Did any of you ever go through this problem? I'm sure an easy fix would be buy an officer 1911 for the BUG/CCP class and for everyday carry. Most guys I shoot with seem to stick with one platform or another. What are you doing?

Yeah, it's a small club (around 70 shooters.) They group ESP and SSP together and CCP and BUG together. What I'm mostly asking is, Do you 1911 guys switch back and forth between single action guns you compete with and striker fired guns you carry? Or is it 1911 all the way?

2 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

One platform is best

Or

Alot of practice with both

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Last month I did a lot of practice with my striker fired guns, then I got a weird flinch going on when I was competing with with my 1911. It's never boring!

I have either a Caspian steel framed RO Compact or a DW ECO to use in CCP. The steel frame RO is nicer to shoot but it took some creativity to make the 38oz. weight limit with a magwell. For BUG, I shoot my EDC which is a Sig 938.  A similar MOA to the others. FOR ESP and CO, it's a 5" 1911. CDP is a 45 5"1911.

The HOT 1911 CCP setup would be a DW PM-C. If you can find one.

I don't like my plastic guns anymore either and  I DID just get a Walther Q5 Match Steel Frame for USPSA CO so I can be done getting forced into OPEN with my 10 round optic 1911!

Edited by jdlincoln

The DW Valkyrie and ECO both look like very nice carry guns. I will definitely have to keep my eye out for a good deal on one. I want to be confident with the gun I carry, even if I have to give up a little capacity compared to my striker fired ones. Thanks everyone for your input.