Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Tanfo Prices?

tdp88

34 minutes ago, BigAm said:

I agree...and honestly I feel like my Lim Pro transitions very similar to my Stock 2. The shorter dust cover, and non bull barrel make the balance of the gun feel very similar to my stock 2

With my eyes closed I couldn't tell which of the 2 guns I was holding or swinging around. Ended up selling the LP and getting a S3 instead, I do not think there is a best choice between the 3 guns but the feel of the 3 is enough different from the 2 that is is kind of fun and different going back and forth (and at the time the S3 was cheapest and the LP's were bringing the premium price because EAA had dropped them and Gutt had recently won the USPSA production national match with one). 

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

With my eyes closed I couldn't tell which of the 2 guns I was holding or swinging around. Ended up selling the LP and getting a S3 instead, I do not think there is a best choice between the 3 guns but the feel of the 3 is enough different from the 2 that is is kind of fun and different going back and forth (and at the time the S3 was cheapest and the LP's were bringing the premium price because EAA had dropped them and Gutt had recently won the USPSA production national match with one). 

Haha yup! As soon as the Lim Pro came back I hopped on it at the newer lower price, and I am very very happy with my choice.

The Stock 2 and Lim Pro feel very similar to me, so its nice to have a gun I can have as a back up for uspsa, and use in IDPA as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, B21 said:

So this is just an EAA thing, and not an increase in cost from manufacturer?  I love Tanfo's, but I think this will only hurt sales.  There is no arguing that the fit and finish of the Shadow 2 is noticeably better then the stock 2 for example, and in my opinion justifies the higher price tag.     

Wut? The finish is better on shadow 2 than stock 2? You must have a blued stock 2 as the chrome is way better in terms of surface and a lot easier to clean. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, happygunner77 said:

Wut? The finish is better on shadow 2 than stock 2? You must have a blued stock 2 as the chrome is way better in terms of surface and a lot easier to clean. 

I was referring more to the overall quality control of the two.  I had a Shadow 2 when I first started shooting production and really all they need is a recoil spring, and maybe a main spring and they're good to go without all the polishing.  I have three stock 2's, and the variances in machining between the three is pretty remarkable.

2 hours ago, B21 said:

I was referring more to the overall quality control of the two.  I had a Shadow 2 when I first started shooting production and really all they need is a recoil spring, and maybe a main spring and they're good to go without all the polishing.  I have three stock 2's, and the variances in machining between the three is pretty remarkable.

It's part of the charm and a display of your skill in picking up something different each time and crushing it :D In all seriousness I once poured hours trying to match my two Stock 2s using combinations of springs and swapping sears and hammers... I gave up.  I shoot 320 Legions now and two out of the box are indistinguishable from each other.