Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Back From Mexico

ErikW

I'm back in the USSA after a week on the Mayan Riviera. I'm going to the Steel Challenge tomorrow despite the illness I picked up in Mexico. (Flu-like muscle and joint aches, weakness, phlegm in the lungs, cough.)

Here are a few pix of me atop the big pyramid in Coba, taking out a WaveRunner, and returning from kayaking with my nephew.

post-645-1126808153_thumb.jpg

post-645-1126808171_thumb.jpg

post-645-1126808197_thumb.jpg

I love the Mayan riviera; on account of a hurricane there during a vacation, I went scuba diving in fresh-water caves called Cenotes (I am not cave-certified but in Mexico, they do not consider it a cave if it has 2 entrances).

Scarred the livin daylights outta me! (and if you have never had your livin daylights scarred out, well, take my word for it, this was way scary!).

That part of Mexico is something very special.

Edited by Carlos

I'm back in the USSA after a week on the Mayan Riviera. I'm going to the Steel Challenge tomorrow despite the illness I picked up in Mexico. (Flu-like muscle and joint aches, weakness, phlegm in the lungs, cough.)

Here are a few pix of me atop the big pyramid in Coba, taking out a WaveRunner, and returning from kayaking with my nephew.

take yer laptop & keep us filled in on what's happening at the challenge. i'll be up in bend but will have access there.

Laptop? Ha, you slay me! You probably think I have a job, too.

The UFO in the sky above the pyramid is likely a butterfly. They had a bunch of them in Coba. One of them took a liking to my brother, followed him to the exit, landed on his shoulder, and stayed there until he got in the van.

At night, big moths came out. No shjt, I thought there was a bat flying around the ceiling of the hotel lobby until I realized it was Mothra. Saw a bunch of iguanas and thought of SIGlady. Saw the resort's "pet" great barracuda from a few feet away and I won the stare-down.

I don't know about a World Shoot in the Mayan Riviera. The Mexican gubbmint might have a problem with it. And its "hell on earth" index is about 80+% of the heat and humidity of Barry in July.

I just don't have the energy to spew forth a hate rant about the Europeans and their cigarettes. That's probably what got me sick.

DJPolo, attached is a picture from Coba that would make a fine avatar.

post-645-1126852041_thumb.jpg

Hey Erik, I want to be unemployed like you so I have time to go the World Shoot, then a week in Mexico to rest up for the Steel Challenge!

Good luck at the match, say hi to John, Tom and Mark.

Todd

Edited by TMC