Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What dovetail mount do you recommend for an trijicon sro on a shadow 2

kmam2010

Hello,

I am interested in trying out carry optics and I was looking at purchasing a trijicon sro in possibly 2.5 moa for uspsa and steel matches. I was curious if I could get away with a dovetail mount for the sro instead of having to pay almost $400 to have the slide milled. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty green to the pistol shooting competition world.

I dont think you will be able to put an SRO (or any optic) on an S2 and it be legal (weight wise) without mill work. The S2 by itself is pretty heavy.  My S2 with CZC RDS mill work and plate with RSO, just barely comes under the max, and I had to changes some things to make it lighter.

If you just shoot local matches with no chrono stage, you might get away with it.  If you just want to dabble in CO and see if you like it, try a Phantom or SP01 with a dovetail plate.  If you dig it, then go all in with getting the S2 slide milled. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:52 AM, abb1 said:

I tried the CZ Custom, Springer and Henning. The Henning mount is by far the best in my opinion as it is a snug fit, and sits low while being light weight.

Could u tell me how to remove the rear sight? My sight pusher isn't going to work on this triangular CZ slide. Thank you