Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to convert a linkless barreled STI 2011 to a standard barrel.

fieryotaku

From your pictures it appears to me that your frame has been cut through what would have been the vertical impact surface all the way to the mag well.  If that's the case you'll have to start with a new frame and go from there.

12 minutes ago, jpl said:

From your pictures it appears to me that your frame has been cut through what would have been the vertical impact surface all the way to the mag well.  If that's the case you'll have to start with a new frame and go from there.

I was thinking about getting a Brazos frame and slide and building an entirely new upper for it in 9mm with a bull barrel

ltdmstr is correct, a new frame would be much cheaper than having someone weld it up and machine. It would be a fun challenge to do.

If the barrel isn't shot out just leave it alone, I'm surprised that Briley won't supply a barrel for a system that they created.

Rich

8 hours ago, RIIID said:

ltdmstr is correct, a new frame would be much cheaper than having someone weld it up and machine. It would be a fun challenge to do.

If the barrel isn't shot out just leave it alone, I'm surprised that Briley won't supply a barrel for a system that they created.

Rich

Problem is apparently they have not made the linkless barrels in like 6 years

One would think they still have the cnc programing to make one. They have to know the barrels are going to wear out on their linkless guns they built and sold. 

Rich