Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody here use the Armanov Swager Pro on their 650?

Chills1994

Looks nice but the only thing i swage is 223 and I bought 8k last year and processed them all with dillon swager. reloading my own brass should last me the rest of my life.

Otherwise I would give this a shot. It looks to be good quality

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it and have prepped around 3000 brass with it (maybe 2000 crimped ones). Had some difficulties at first trying to get it centered but then gave up and just went with it. Im only just starting the reload phase so cannot yet comment about how good job it does. By the looks of decrimped brass, I am a little worried there might be issues when priming.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:01 AM, Slowmisses said:

I bought it and have prepped around 3000 brass with it (maybe 2000 crimped ones). Had some difficulties at first trying to get it centered but then gave up and just went with it. Im only just starting the reload phase so cannot yet comment about how good job it does. By the looks of decrimped brass, I am a little worried there might be issues when priming.

Hi Slowmisses,

Do you have any pics of the results?

Thanks!

RGA

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 8:48 AM, RGA said:

Hi Slowmisses,

Do you have any pics of the results?

Thanks!

RGA

Sorry no pics but I can tell you that I am positively surprised. I loaded 200 rounds (batch for load development) and the crimp removal seems good enough not to cause bigger concerns. Out of the 3000 brass I prepped, I expect a few crushed primers but for now Im happy with results.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:45 PM, Slowmisses said:

Sorry no pics but I can tell you that I am positively surprised. I loaded 200 rounds (batch for load development) and the crimp removal seems good enough not to cause bigger concerns. Out of the 3000 brass I prepped, I expect a few crushed primers but for now Im happy with results.

I have the primer assembly completely removed from my one 650 while set up to prep .223/5.56 Lake City brass.  Station #1 is a universal decapper.  Station #2 is an RCBS X sizer die with its decapping rod/mandrel removed.  It is a pre-resizer.  Station #3 is empty.  Station #4 is the Dillon RT1500 trimmer.  Station #5 is also empty.  So that one spring loaded arm or clip that usually is located next to the primer carousel is not there.  The clip which would normally keep the case in the #2 spot while it gets a new primer.

So probably about one or two cases out of a hundred will slide just enough out of the #2 spot in the shellplate so that when the Swage It comes up it presses on the headstamp "rim"...and the real rim is not being gripped enough by shellplate.... the case comes flying off the press... and rim has two bent up ears.

My Swage It has a little bit of slop or play to it...almost like it could use another E clip or two to keep it more straight or plum.

Now that I have my second 650, and I plan on keeping it set up for larger primers, I might try the Armanov Swager Pro instead.