Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practice Ranges/Matches near Titusville, FL?

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but I couldn't find any discussion on this topic within the past couple of years.

I'm travelling to the Titusville/Merritt Island area for work pretty soon, and I'll probably be there for a week and half or so. My exact schedule while I'm there is still a little uncertain, but there's at least a chance that I'll have enough free time to try to work in some training, maybe even a match.

Anyone happen to know of any decent ranges in the area? Being able to draw from a holster would be ideal, but I'd settle for any place that doesn't have "no rapid-fire" rules.... I'll be checking Practiscore, but any recommendations for matches (USPSA or multigun) would be welcome, also.

Steve,

i live close to titusville. There are matches Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday in volusia. That’s 45 minutes to an hour from you. They are also open Wednesday to the public and you can draw. Merritt island and Titusville both have indoor ranges but no drawing or rapid fire. 

Feel free to message if you need any any other help. I have a private range you might be able to practice with me in cocoa. Would just have to check schedules. 

Edited by mach1soldier

As far as matches, you have a couple nice options about an hour from there.

Best bet would be Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club. They have a USPSA match there three weekends of the month. Tons of other matches, including action steel every Wednesday and a USPSA-style match every Thursday.

Even on the weekend days without a USPSA match, there's usually something happening in the form of steel/outlaw paper matches.

Most of them are run by Manny Bragg and Gorka Ibanez. You can get a schedule on their Facebook page - Extreme GM.

Port Malabar also has a nice USPSA match - on the second Sunday of the month.