Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did I buy a unicorn 16.40 some help

DEADEYE

thats funny, I too got back into shooting after a 10 year break. Been trying to get happy with a pin gun, Did same thing had some blue shock buffs in my bin, put one in and it turned to mush during a practice session. I bought some new ones and they are fine. Honeslty though I dont think they do much.
Right now haveing reddot issues.  Ordered a Holosun only to find out it was a completely different sight despite same model number. Pulled a viper off another gun that has worked fine, worked fine in practice. Get to match and it wont turn on.  Heading back to vortex. Really wanted to try the FFIV but keeps getting delayed.
Wish I had nerver to drill and tap would get a Cmore, at least those usually work.

Far as the Para's not sure why the 1640's wernt more common or more widespread in the sport. The were easy to tune,  19  round mags worked and didnt need tuning or messing with.  Its what I started with, shot snot out of it, mostly with American eagle 165 gr FMJ.  Switched it to a IDPA box legal magfunnel when I retired and gifted myself a 6 inch STI,,,  I like my STI, but mainly cause it was a 6"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Joe4d said:
Right now haveing reddot issues.  Ordered a Holosun only to find out it was a completely different sight despite same model number. Pulled a viper off another gun that has worked fine, worked fine in practice. Get to match and it wont turn on.  Heading back to vortex. Really wanted to try the FFIV but keeps getting delayed.
Wish I had nerver to drill and tap would get a Cmore, at least those usually work.

Far as the Para's not sure why the 1640's wernt more common or more widespread in the sport. The were easy to tune,  19  round mags worked and didnt need tuning or messing with.  Its what I started with, shot snot out of it, mostly with American eagle 165 gr FMJ.  Switched it to a IDPA box legal magfunnel when I retired and gifted myself a 6 inch STI,,,  I like my STI, but mainly cause it was a 6"

Did you end up with a 507/407K when you wanted a C?

been seeing that a bunch lately. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, Anopsis said:

There's not many resources left for those of us still shooting 16.40s from Ye Olden Times. I'm hoping that 3rd party manufacturers will support the new Remington doublestacks, since they are essentially Paras. I know they take the same mags.Rock Island

On 7/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, DEADEYE said:

I had a 16.40 limited follow me home (impulse buy) from a local gun shop yesterday. I'm a sucker for 1911 platform guns...

Where does one get spare mags, mag base plates and maybe a mag well I did see mags on gunparts.Com. My first 40 cal what grain coated cast bulletts I have unique and 700x on hand is there other powder choices I should have..I shot SS a few years back then life and kids got in the way of me shooting I recently moved to the twin cities and want to get going again and didn't want to beat up my dads old 1911 anymore...questions recapped below..

• mags.
  • magwell
  • coated cast bullets weight
  • powder choices
  • brass sources