Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else's MPX hate short loaded flat point bullets?

Just like the title says, does anyone else have a MPX (mine is gen 2, using gen 2 mags) that hates feeding short (1.090") flat point bullets?

And yes, yes, yes, yes I am using this pistol load to cross over into my pcc. Not full time for it, but it's what I had on hand for a local match and it screwed me over.

Edited by rowdyb

Have you tried polishing the left side of the ramp? It helped when a friend did it to his gen 2 that was having problems. I think he used flitz or Mother’s aluminum polish with his dremel polishing pad.

I had since shifted to using PD’s 124 Gr JHP so I can use one bullet/load for my pistols and both MPX (8” gen 2 and Competition model).

Edited by George16
5 hours ago, George16 said:

Have you tried polishing the left side of the ramp? It helped when a friend did it to his gen 2 that was having problems. I think he used flitz or Mother’s aluminum polish with his dremel polishing pad.

I had since shifted to using PD’s 124 Gr JHP so I can use one bullet/load for my pistols and both MPX (8” gen 2 and Competition model).

all of my jams are on the right feed ramp. very different from what most people experience. but yes, i have actually polished both. 600 grit, 1000 grit, 2000 grit and then white jewlers polish on a wheel.