Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Location Of Slide Lightening

Kimberkid

I am getting ready to lighten the slide on my open gun and trying to decide how. I guess this question is to those that have shot several different light slide guns. Does the Brazos "big hole in the side" lightening feel any different than an EGW "profile cut" (i think thats what it is called). Do those feel different than a Bedell with the vertical cuts? Assuming that all 3 of these slides wiegh the same amount, would anyone ever notice in difference of feel?

No difference in feel. A few things you have to keep in mind when doing lightening cuts, stay away from the rails, stay away from the uper lug area, and stay away from the breech face. Dan or one of the other gunsmiths should be able to elaborate.

I'm not exactly sure who's does Rob L's cuts (probably Jason or Dave at Springfield), but he's got some interesting ones. They're all over! With his Limited pistol, you can tune the extractor with the gun still in the holster!

Personally, the flatest gun in my arsenal (of 5), is the one with a standard flat-topped slide.

I'm not exactly sure who's does Rob L's cuts (probably Jason or Dave at Springfield), but he's got some interesting ones.  They're all over!  With his Limited pistol, you can tune the extractor with the gun still in the holster! 

Personally, the flatest gun in my arsenal (of 5), is the one with a standard flat-topped slide.

I've see Rob's gun (or several of them), yep you can see the extractor. Just saying if you don't know where to cut around the extractor you might want to leave that area alone.

Rob does have some interesting cuts. (Not sure who does his machine work anymore, I know he does his triggers though.)

• 4 weeks later...