Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10-shot Speedloaders For M-617 Rimfire

Carmoney

I want to let you guys in on a really cool new product I recently discovered.

The kids and I like to shoot the 617 in the rimfire category of the steel matches--the one downside is the time it takes to stand there and load single rounds by hand, over and over and over..... There was a guy in Ohio (I think) making 10-shot speedloaders awhile back, but only did a few before discontinuing the product (one of my friends has several, but he's never considered parting with them).

So when I found out about these 10-shot speedloaders being made by Dave Skrzela, I took the plunge and ordered five--and I'm very pleased with them. They're nicely made and work really slick!! (The handle is not all that necessary, by the way, but I would say the loading block is pretty essential to the process.)

Here, take a look--

post-4033-1126182410_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Carmoney, you are officially on my s**t list. Because of this post my little brother has totally ruined my keyboard with drool.....he now is getting a 617 just so he can get those loaders and send the gun to Randy for a sub 2# triger job!! And on top ofall that, we don't even have a game to play with that revolver down here. Paybacks are a .........

:wacko::lol:

Frank

Ya know, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The only reason I don't have one of them revolvers is because there wasn't speedloaders available for the 10 shooters.

I guess now I have to have one.

Thanks Mike

I think :D

• 2 weeks later...

Carmoney,

Thanks for the heads up on these speedloaders.

I got a few sent to me last week and went to the ramge and tried them out last night. They seem to work great - again thanks for the lead..

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
The kids and I like to shoot the 617 in the rimfire category of the steel matches--

... hey I'd like to play too :lol: . How well do these speed loaders work? Are they about as fast as say a Safariland Mk I speedloader? I've been looking at buying a 617 for some time now but always find something else first (my Pre-17 K22 beat out the 617 cause I can always get a 617). This 10 shot has promise with a speedloader. How is yours working out?

I've been playing with these 10-shot speedloaders for a couple months now, and they're everything I hoped they would be!

No speedloader for a 10-shot .22 is going to be all that incredibly fast, but I have to believe these are as fast as anything that's ever been devised for the 10-shot 617.