Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do I pull my shots slightly left?

When I shoot poorly it's to the left and sometimes a little low.  My problem is my grip; too much strong hand (right handed).

When I concentrate on having a little more grip with my left hand I do fine.  Well as fine as a 70 year old can do.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Could be a couple of reasons why you’re pulling your shots left.  Are you cross eyed dominant ?  You can be pushing the trigger to the left as you’re pulling it back to fire.  Also could be some small anticipation.  Dry firing and concentration on pulling the trigger straight back as possible might help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was also hitting left about the same amount as the OP with a new gun. Looked at the rear sight and noticed that it was ON the left witness mark and not centered. Drifted it over and all is good now. They don’t always come perfect from the factory. 

I agree with a number of the others, I had the same problem a while back it was attributed to the placement of my finger on the trigger which caused me to milk the gun and sights to the left when I shot it.  Good Luck