Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Prosper, Tx -Looking for a home range, Local Clubs, etc..

I'll be moving to the Prosper (North DFW) area this Summer and I'll be looking for a home range to get some practice in and looking for info on matches in the area.  I shoot USPSA and 3-Gun.  I'm coming from SE Louisiana so I'm very new to the area.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks Jack,  I took a look at the USPSA site and did a search in Practiscore as well.  I'm mainly looking for clubs that I may have missed like Outlaw matches and UML rules 3-gun.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:54 AM, Pirate said:

I'll be moving to the Prosper (North DFW) area this Summer and I'll be looking for a home range to get some practice in and looking for info on matches in the area.  I shoot USPSA and 3-Gun.  I'm coming from SE Louisiana so I'm very new to the area.  Thanks in advance.

I've never been to this range, but search for Mission 160.  It should be very close to you and I've heard great things about their matches.  ETTS will be about 45 minutes south of you in Waxahachie.  They put on all kinds of matches and have a 1000 yard rifle range.  I think it's $600 a year to be a member or $45 a day.  I'd go ahead and get on the waiting list for the Dallas Pistol CLub (DPC).  It will probably be a 3 year wait, but it's a great place for pistol training.  Cross Timbers Action Shooting Association is my club.  They put on various IDPA/USPSA matches on the west side of the Metroplex.  Their USPSA match is one of the best club matches I've ever shot.