Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SBE2 vs M2

Ibex1

I shoot an original SBE and don't feel disadvantaged at all in matches. The larger port for 3.5" loads actually feels somewhat nicer to me.

The difference between the two, other than 3" vs. 3.5", is the receiver/barrel design. The M2 is a one piece receiver, the SBE is a 2 piece with the upper half attached to the barrel.

i have both.  pretty easy to load the sbe2, never felt the need to have any port/lifter work done.  the prob with the sbe2, mine at least, is that it is sprung to handle 3.5" loads, so it ran good but not perfectly with 2.75" shells (walmart 4 packs).  it did run perfectly with the higher velocity winchester super sports.  i guess you could re-spring it, not sure.  the other prob with my sbe2 was that poi is way off from poa with slugs.  i actually just sent it in to hopefully have that fixed, 30 days before they even look at it.

i got a nordic oversized bolt release button for both my m2 and sbe2.  i just sorta screwed it into the existing hole in the existing bolt release, didn't drill & tap, so most likely trashed the threads, but used loctite and it's stayed firmly in there.  i've just stuck with the factory charging handles for both, didn't feel a need to change.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:43 PM, Ibex1 said:

does anyone know if a tartan charging handle work on SBE2?

also what about a large bolt release would work? looking at red neck tactical

Yes, the after market bolt handles for the M2 will work in the SBE2. (the bolt carrier is the same part in both guns).

Same with large bolt release buttons and tabs (some will require drilling and tapping the factory release - the RNT part does not require any alteration to the factory release)