Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Running 10mm mags in Stock 2/Stock 3 .40cal?

nitrohuck

Am I correct in reading that the .40cal Stock 2 or Stock 3 will accept 10mm mags? Thus allowing you to run longer OAL's in your ammo?

I am going to pick one up to use as both a limited backup gun, as well as a production gun, but would prefer to leave my current OAL as is on the press. If something happens to my limited gun, I need my backup to be able to run the same long OAL ammo that I'll have on hand at the match.

If running 10mm mags in the .40 Stock 2 or Stock 3 will solve this issue for me, it will be a huge convenience to say the least.

Correct, however you must test your barrel with the plunk/spin test to make sure that your rounds will chamber. Reaming to increase the headspace might be needed.

Edited by himurax13

Thanks for all the responses. I don't run excessively long ammo for limited (about 1.180") so hopefully I don't need to do any barrel reaming. From what I've read people have been able to chamber ammo of that length no problem. I'd rather shorten my ammo a few thousandths than ream the barrel anyhow