Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alfa Proj 9251C 9mm Revolver

Orbit

Good day to everyone. Once again spring and summer are coming fast and we are in the process of preparation for a lot of shooting competitions and range fun.

I bought a Alfa Proj 9mm revolver from a friend and shoot it this morning in my local shooting range. By the way, after i received the revolver, I did the complete rev/pistol spa and the result was amazing. I clean the revolver from inside out, tightened all screws and put a small amount of blue loctite except for the cylinder screw to the frame. I did some dry fire with 9mm snap caps on moon clips for 2 weeks.

To continue, This morning in the range, I was very excited to test and to zero the revolver for possible practice going to future revolver competitions.

1. Put a fresh target. Load the revolver with 6 rounds in moon clip

2. Aim

3. Tried first the single action, "BANG"

4. POA was dead center, POI was 12 oclock

5. Tried to press again the trigger and it wasn't pulling back; tried to cock the hammer and it was just moved half way

6. Release out the cylinder, put it back again and will only fire when I cock the hammer in single action only. I cannot press the trigger for Double Action.

In my dissapointment, maybe after 30 rounds of single action and zeroing to dead center in 10 yards, I packed up and went home. I google my problem and found the following possible solutions:

1. I disassemble the cylinder, and take a look at the cylinder release button too

2. Checked and tightened the cylinder screw to the frame (loose when i take a look at it)

3. Get my spent cases in moon clips and tried to dry fire using on both double and single action

4. No locking up

Planning to go back tomorrow in the range to test it again.

Please share your experience with locking up of hammer and trigger in a revolver, especially in ALFA PROJ 9mm revolver model 9251C.

Thank you and be safe in shooting.

Alfa Proj 9mm.jpg

Not much response so I'll mention this.   A guy in my area picked one up for IPSC and had nothing but issues.    Never did get it to work well and eventually bought a Chiappa Rhino.   Yeah, odd choice for IPSC but he's happy and the gun works.

Good luck,

Kraken Fan #69

How long are your loaded rounds? Could they somehow poke out too far forward and lock up the gun? Are the primers seated below the surface of the back of the cartridge?

if you loaded up some dummy rounds can you dry fire them?

did it feel different thumb vockingbthe revolver into single action feel different with empty cases than it did with loaded cases? I’m wondering if your thumb on the hammer has more mechanical advantage than the DA trigger and your thumb could overcome some obstruction that the da trigger pull can’t.

with dummies in the gun if you feel the cylinder with your hand as you pull the da trigger .. does it feel different than with snap caps or empties?

does this alpha project gun open up like a S&W where you can see the lock work moving as you pull the trigger?

Hi Vincerama,

1. Loaded rounds AOL is 1.120"; not poke out far forward; primers are seated as per standard

2. With dummy rounds, i can dry fire them no problem

I can even dry fire using the spent cases in moon clips.

This morning, I went to the range and after firing the first round, it was locked up for both DA & SA. Im somewhat very dissapointed.

When I got home, i check it again and I found the following:

1. I think, loaded the cylinder with a rounds in a moon clip, it somehow pushing the cylinder a bit forward causing the center pin to move forward a bit causing the lock-up.

2. Pushng the cylinder a bit towards the back, the center pin move furthet a bit inside removing the lock-up

I dismantled the cylinder and i loosen a bit the threaded pin of the cylinder to the frame. I put it all back and I found that now, the cylinder has no play at all towards the back end of the barrel. I punt spent cases in the moon clips and all okay. I will test it again this Monday.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, KrakenFan69 said:

Not much response so I'll mention this.   A guy in my area picked one up for IPSC and had nothing but issues.    Never did get it to work well and eventually bought a Chiappa Rhino.   Yeah, odd choice for IPSC but he's happy and the gun works.

Good luck,

Kraken Fan #6

1 hour ago, Vincerama said:

Sound like you are onto a fix! The recoil of firing a live round is moving the loose cylinder back/forth.  

I’m interested to see if your tightening of the cylinder fixes it, good luck!

Hello,

Vince, I am trying, I dont know how to remove the center pin of the cylinder as it needs a special tool. Right now, i just loosen a bit the threaded pin between the frame and the cylinder assembly. I will try it on Monday and if it will not work, it is what it is.