Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P226 Aftermarket Magwell

streckjc

I will be shooting my Sig P226 Legion SAO in USPSA Limited division this year, but am running into a problem.

Does anyone know where to get a quality aftermarket magwell for it? I was able to get a TRT Tactical one before the company went dark (ordered 4 base pads on 11/21, still haven't received them).

I found a backup Elite SAO (used) that I'd like to pick up but need to get a magwell for it so that I can use my same mags with the Springer Precision base pads.

3d Printed Gun Gear has a magwell, but it's smaller and designed for IDPA and no other base pads will work with his magwell other than his, and I don't want to have to buy all new base pads.

Seems very few options out there that I can see, so hoping someone here knows something or someone.

I made magwells for a while years ago. I think I might have a couple left. My competition version of the magwell was for use with Roger Sherman’s “mousetrap” basepads. I don’t know if it will work with the springer basepads or not. 

18 hours ago, staudacher said:

I made magwells for a while years ago. I think I might have a couple left. My competition version of the magwell was for use with Roger Sherman’s “mousetrap” basepads. I don’t know if it will work with the springer basepads or not. 

I'll be curious to know if you have any left that fit the P226. If so, let me know what you find and how much you'd want. May be worth it to get it to test with my mags and basepads.

2 hours ago, OPENB said:

Sig makes magwell grips that extend down below the grip frame to form a well. That’s the only thing I’m aware of. 

Yes, the Tacops grips are the magrip style. Hogue makes them too and I have one on a 226 EE of mine. But I'm looking for actual magwells for the 226. Those just aren't the same.

I have the TRT Tactical mag well and a bunch of his basepads.

It took forever to get them, and the response time to emails was pretty much non-existent. Once I finally got them however (after threatening to cancel my order), I love the products.

6 minutes ago, Doublehelix said:

I have the TRT Tactical mag well and a bunch of his basepads.

It took forever to get them, and the response time to emails was pretty much non-existent. Once I finally got them however (after threatening to cancel my order), I love the products.

Yes, I have the TRT magwell too. I only bought 1 basepad to test, which as it turns out was a mistake. It took about 2 months to get the magwell and basepad last fall. I ordered 4 more basepads on 11/21/18 and still haven't gotten them. Emailed 3 times with no response. Tried calling but got some type of Verizon error, which leads me to believe they may not be in business or haven't paid their bill or something. I did email cancelling my order, so we'll see if that does anything. But still no response.

I did find that the Springer Precision 140mm extended basepads work with the magwell, so I have some of those.

But I'm looking to get a second SAO (probably the Elite) and will need another magwell, thus my inquiry. Not too many companies doing magwells for the 226 these days, which is a shame.

SigLegion_Small.jpg