Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sub major pf with 124 g4 that are loaded to majo

Ihrtuspsa

So my major is hs6 at 7.8 to 7.9 grains they are already loaded to 1.1575. I bought a new chrony chronograph and works great. But I think some of the bullets I had had inconsistent seat depth so the rounds on the higher end toward 1.16 were showing less than major velocity but I was wondering I it is safe to assume I can measure all my loaded rounds and reseat them to 1.150 that way my velocity goes up a bit to make major. I have no pressure signs at 1.1550 but since some rounds are coming in at 1322fps, if I reseat said rounds to 1.150 I should gain some velocity back to get back up to major. However the 124gr hbfp have been the most consistent and accurate round I've loaded yet but to avoid being bumped to minor can I safely reseat down a bit?

Is there anyone else that thinks seating from 1.15 to 1.495 could make the ditterence in power factor. Most loads are major but some come in at 1325 shooting a 124gr bullet.  I think the projectiles I am using just have too many variations. I was gonna try it tonight and see if it helps and then gonna load 10 or 20 at .1gr heavier and see if that does it. I do have a solid backup tho with the berry's 124gr thick plate hbfp

Edited by Ihrtuspsa

If you are running that close to not making Major, I would put in more powder, if all says it is safe.  What you are loading may make major where you are and never make it at a single match.  The next possible would be using a different chrono to see if it is reading right.