Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm Witness -P -F

bigshrek

Bought a slightly used Witness from a local shop,

No idea about anything else, wasn't an EAA guy, until I bought this ;)

Haven't been able to find anything like it on the 'net to figure out exactly what I've got here... 

Catalog Number inscribed on the gun is 140300, which doesn't seem to exist...searched EAA catalogs back to 2008.

Tall tritium sights, not in the normal location on what looks to be a fairly custom slide..  

Also an Optic Mount for unknown type optic.

Threaded barrel included, along with the Original Slide.

gedc0014.jpg

gedc0021.jpg

Additional OEM slide with threaded barrel also included

gedc0017.jpg

Given the general uncleanliness with minor holster wear...nearly new bore...LEO previous owner?

Basically looks like it was shot a few times & shelved a lot.

The shop I bought it from is run by retired cops...so LEO trade-in makes sense...maybe from SWAT??

So I'm looking to find out everything I can about it!

What the heck have I got here??

Other than Polymer Fullsize 10mm Witness?

Didn't ask a lot of questions at the shop, and won't be near there for awhile...

probably should have thought of more then tho ;)

Edited by bigshrek

Alright, first off the slide with suppressor-height sights has not been around for more than about five years or so. The frame with the rail appears to match this slide. The other upper is the style that was mostly used in the very earliest polymer uppers. Whereas the rounded slide models that are still commonly seen were used inbetween. I'd check with Patriot to see if they installed the sights on the first slide. The threaded barrel could have been made from a standard 4.5" barrel by just about anyone.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:03 PM, shabodah said:

Alright, first off the slide with suppressor-height sights has not been around for more than about five years or so. The frame with the rail appears to match this slide. The other upper is the style that was mostly used in the very earliest polymer uppers. Whereas the rounded slide models that are still commonly seen were used inbetween. I'd check with Patriot to see if they installed the sights on the first slide. The threaded barrel could have been made from a standard 4.5" barrel by just about anyone.

Thanks!  Good to know all that!

Young Gun, Old spare slide! ;) 

Everything but the FP & FP Spring is in the spare slide...those shouldn't be too hard to source.

Did do a range visit and shot a box of 50 at 5 meters Wednesday afternoon. 

Rear sight was moving with recoil, so boresighted & gave it a dot of Blue Loctite when I got home.

Does shoot a hair low with a 6 O'clock hold with those tall sights...not unexpected.

Did switch the barrel after roughly 25 shots to the Threaded. 

Shot roughly the same POI at the regular, ignoring the side-to-side from the loose rear sight.

Handles recoil about the same as my G20-SF, pleasant to shoot, unlike the 1911-style 10mm's :)

Next time I hit the range there will be a VERSUS contest!

So now all I need to find out is what kind of freaky optic mount that is, 

and why the Catalog Number to the right of the serial isn't easily found...140300...

or figure out what that is if it isn't a catalog sku?  

EAA should be able to tell me the latter tomorrow when I call.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...