Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Top End Switch - Production legal?

Laxman2809

I am new to USPSA and the Production division. I have an SP01 Tactical but the Suppressor ready model. I sent to cajun so it has a nice trigger. However I do not like the suppressor sites. I would like to buy a seperate top end to compete with. 

Would this still allow me to compete in production. I think it would if the top end is from an already Production legal gun??? 

I am new to USPSA and the Production division. I have an SP01 Tactical but the Suppressor ready model. I sent to cajun so it has a nice trigger. However I do not like the suppressor sites. I would like to buy a seperate top end to compete with. 

Would this still allow me to compete in production. I think it would if the top end is from an already Production legal gun??? 
as long as it's OEM you should be good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The relevant rule you are looking for is Appendix D4 21.3 Aftermarket slides and barrels

SLIDES: You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun

So any SP-01 slide should be fine. 

I assume you want to keep the original slide for use with a suppressor, but if you don't care about having suppressor height sights made you could just buy a replacement set of sights or have a custom set made by Dawson Precision. Their price for custom height sights is list price + $20 for each sight, so a front/rear set would be list price + $40, which if you wanted the competition sights with fiber optic front would come out to $118.95 + tax and shipping. You are not going to find a replacement slide for that price. 

FWIW, I have been competing with the same exact model for the last 6 months and also am not a fan of the sights. I ordered a custom front sight of the same height as factory from Dawson. I was told to give them ~3 weeks to get it made. I don't know what your timetable is on this, but I will post the end results of that in the CZ form once I receive it.