Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tapatalk- Multiple pages

tkheard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, there’s something really funny about what tapatalk is doing.
It used to be that we’d get the spinner, indicating that it was waiting for more data.
Now, we don’t get the spinner at all. Seems like tapatalk thinks it’s got all of the data there is.

Brian,

If they can't reproduce the problem and we have many that can demonstrate it, they aren't trying very hard, or they're not playing with the same hardware/software environment that we are. I use tapatalk to access 11 forum groups. Your forum is the only one that exhibits this problem. What I initially reported, it seems, is only the tip of the iceberg and I don't think they're being straight with you. 

That said, I will be more than happy to work with them to try to fix their code. It is clearly not perfect. 

17 hours ago, tkheard said:

Brian,

If they can't reproduce the problem and we have many that can demonstrate it, they aren't trying very hard, or they're not playing with the same hardware/software environment that we are. I use tapatalk to access 11 forum groups. Your forum is the only one that exhibits this problem. What I initially reported, it seems, is only the tip of the iceberg and I don't think they're being straight with you. 

That is definitely not correct. I get replies from my guy every day. They are now working in the ACP... One issue is - Since the forums are hosted in IP's cloud, they can not have FTP access.

17 hours ago, benos said:

That is definitely not correct. I get replies from my guy every day. They are now working in the ACP... One issue is - Since the forums are hosted in IP's cloud, they can not have FTP access.

OK, I understand that you are being communicated with about the ticket. They have told you that they cannot duplicate the problem.

Being an old software guy, I took that as a personal challenge. I created a new id on the forum with a different email address than the forum has. I loaded Tapatalk on an old iPad that belonged to by better half. Everything new, no leftover stuff from anything before. Guess what? I log into the BE Forum under the new id, go to the classifieds, and the topic list stops at the same place as the iPad I've been using all along.

Want to take this offline? Fine by me. Feel free to PM and I'll share the particulars of the test scenario. I also stand by my offer to assist Tapatalk and/or Invision.