Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transition from 2011 to TSO

af_tt

Have any if you moved from a 2011 to the TSO or similar? I'm debating trying it out and don't have anyone around with a TSO to demo. If you have, are there any regrets to moving platforms? I'm shooting a DVC limited right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Where are you located?  I'm doing the opposite.  I shot a TSO in limited major all last year and picked up a 2011 to try that platform this year, same division. 

Looking forward to warmer weather so that I can choot
I am in south east Alabama. I shoot out at the Dothan Gun Club. Yeah its scientific for me, I wont know until I try type thing.

I been shooting a regular TS in .40, I just got a 2011. I am better with thE TS, I am sure that will change but I will be practicing a lot.

Notice any difference in recoil between the two?

Not really much difference in recoil main thing grip with Beaver Tail Safety biggest difference, triggers are both good. Muzzle Flip almost nothing on 2011. I just need to practice like I did with TS. I have to get grip figured out and I think rest will come with time

I've been shooting a 2011 in 9mm minor for the past year and was toying around with the same idea.  I just really dig the CZ feel.  I was also interested in the Tanfoglio Limited Extreme...but I also this was kind of curious for the price:  http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/product/K12-SPORT/13/110  I wonder if the CZ or Tanfo parts would interchange?

5 hours ago, Halo09 said:

I've been shooting a 2011 in 9mm minor for the past year and was toying around with the same idea.  I just really dig the CZ feel.  I was also interested in the Tanfoglio Limited Extreme...but I also this was kind of curious for the price:  http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/product/K12-SPORT/13/110  I wonder if the CZ or Tanfo parts would interchange?

Not interchangeable between CZ and Tanfo. The K12 looks like a Tanfo. Never heard of them before. I have a Limited Custom HC (Non Xtreme) in 9mm. It's really accurate. It's also really heavy. I'm weak as f* and now that I've been toying around with few club mates  shorter lighter guns I'm thinking about moving to production.

I've never done any practical shooting with anything other than Glock 17 and the Tanfo. I've shot 2011's and CZ Shadow 1 and 2 for accuracy. Until yesterday I've preferred my Tanfo over anything else but the single action Shadow 1 I tried yesterday just felt super good. The snappier faster feeling (emphasis on the feeling) recoil felt nice. It felt faster. I'm gonna try a heavier recoil springs on my Limited next to make it feel faster.

Edited by Tirppa