Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Migrate from small to large frame

o27

Is it possible to migrate from current small frame and onto a new large frame, in case I should stumble upon a frame-only?

Basically, I just kinda like the full dust cover better:-)

e87f871bf73f6d59696a26525fb8e549.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what the question really is.

I have one small frame and here’s what’s different:

1. Magazines

2. Holsters

3. It’s a bit lighter so felt recoil is slightly higher.

The dust cover is not what makes it a small or large frame Tanfo, it’s the magwell and grip. 

You need new magazines if you get a large frame. You need minimum of 3, preferably 4 or 5. That's 500e. Also you need trigger bar and firing pin. 

Don't know about the slide.

Edited by Tirppa
Slide?

Shoot the gun you have. Save up for a new one on the side if you feel like it. If you're anything like everyone else in this sport it won't be your last or only gun. :)

Don't know what the used handgun market is like there or how fast you can get a second license but you can always upgrade if the opportunity presents itself. Besides some nice new grips will give the gun a whole new look :)

Shoot the gun you have. Save up for a new one on the side if you feel like it. If you're anything like everyone else in this sport it won't be your last or only gun. [emoji4]

Don't know what the used handgun market is like there or how fast you can get a second license but you can always upgrade if the opportunity presents itself. Besides some nice new grips will give the gun a whole new look [emoji4]

Yeah, I know your spot on[emoji6] looking at different grip options, just a bit cumbersome to order from abroad just to realize this or that grip was not what I was looking for. Unfortunately not a lot of Tanfoglio parts domestically here in Denmark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He means buy a new small frame lower. Don't know if it's possible or how much it costs. Tanfo doesn't really sell spare lowers and uppers. AFAIK a new complete Limited upper is in the 2000eur ballpark what I heard.

Ahh ok. Thats exactly my plan as I found it available on Tanfoglio site. Unfortunately they don’t sell to end customers so I was requested to consult my local gun Smith, so awaiting his reply, but I don’t have high expectations