Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock rear sight adapter plate

gerritm

I am trying to mount a bushell advance reflex mini red dot to replace a Vortex Venom on my Glock 34. Website says #1 plate which should be the same as the Venom. It is not the same screw holes mounting position. 4 posts match. Any ideas? Called their CS and they have no clue. Screw holes are slightly more forward than the Venom. 

Gerritm 

Checked it out for drilling & tapping and the screw holes to connect the red dot to the adapter plate would over lap the screws that hold the dovetail to the slide so no go. 

Company by the name of Outerimpact makes a Glock rear sight adapter plate that supposedly will work with almost any red dot. Of course they don't list the Bushnell. Sent an email to their CS and answered right away that that the Bushnell line of RD's are new and they haven't tested to see if it would work. I ordered one anyways to try. Can always return it. Bought off Amazon.

If that doesn't work I guess get the slide cut and a plate made or go back to the Vortex Venom with an adapter like I have on my open 3-gun Glock 34. Kind of like using an adapter plate as it raises the dot up slightly and I seem to acquire it faster. 

gerritm

Looks like the same one I got from Outerimpact. It did work although the screws provided would not. Had to go with a socket head type instead of flared and modify the holes slighty so they would go in strait. Going to test it today.

gerritm