Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me set up my Buckmark

optimator

I've decided to convert my Buckmark Camper UFX to a SC gun. So far I've backordered a 5.5" TacSol barrel, and today I bought a C-more slide ride from the classifieds. 

Which mount do you guys prefer, flat or 90? This is my first go with an optic pistol so I don't have any experience either way. I do think the 90 may be easier to adjust to since it seems to be close to using irons. 

I like flat triggers so I know i'll add one. I will also do the Haggis flip on the spring.

I might change the grips & add a thumb rest. 

Is there anything I'm missing?

Striplin Custom Gunworks can hook you up with an excellent 90° mount for the C-More.  Plus, he has the thumbrest and grip adapters if you decide to change out the grips.  

https://striplincustom.com/collections/buckmark-accessories

One thing I recommend that I did not see you mention: change out your extractor with the TANDEMKROSS "Eagle's Talon".  I went from a stovepipe every 200-300 rounds to virtual none after the switch.   

3 minutes ago, AR_James said:

Striplin Custom Gunworks can hook you up with an excellent 90° mount for the C-More.  Plus, he has the thumbrest and grip adapters if you decide to change out the grips.  

https://striplincustom.com/collections/buckmark-accessories

One thing I recommend that I did not see you mention: change out your extractor with the TANDEMKROSS "Eagle's Talon".  I went from a stovepipe every 200-300 rounds to virtual none after the switch.   

The Strplin parts are the ones I was looking at. I like that you don't have to drill the frame for the thumb rest.

Thanks for the heads up on the extractor. 

TacSol barrel

Allchin comp and C-More mount

Volquartsen hammer and sear spring (no longer produced) and extractor

TandemKross trigger, mag release and firing pin

Striplin slide racker, grip panels, thumbrest and guide rod

Valkyrie Dynamics 1911 grips

If I had to do it all over again, I’d do it exactly the same. Volquartsen not making the hammer/spring any longer would be a problem other than the fact I have one left in case I decide to do another gun. Sounds like TandemKross is about to reveal something along those lines at Shot next week, so that could be interesting. 

B1444EB4-AFC0-4251-A830-633482812A84.jpeg

14 minutes ago, RCFL said:

TacSol barrel

Allchin comp and C-More mount

Volquartsen hammer and sear spring (no longer produced) and extractor

TandemKross trigger, mag release and firing pin

Striplin slide racker, grip panels, thumbrest and guide rod

Valkyrie Dynamics 1911 grips

If I had to do it all over again, I’d do it exactly the same. Volquartsen not making the hammer/spring any longer would be a problem other than the fact I have one left in case I decide to do another gun. Sounds like TandemKross is about to reveal something along those lines at Shot next week, so that could be interesting. 

B1444EB4-AFC0-4251-A830-633482812A84.jpeg

That is a beautiful pistol. I'll be going with those grips for sure. Was there any reason you went with a flat mount vs a 90? I do have to say it looks more "balanced".

I’ve never liked a 90 mount. The gun was originally a Contour model with the full-length rail and I had the C-More mounted with the railway mount. I got used to it but when I swapped barrels I went with the Allchin mount which puts the optic directly on the mount without the railway and that put it noticeably lower, which after a brief adjustment period, I like WAY better. Not as low as a 90, but I just don’t care for the 90. 

Edited by RCFL
Spelling

18 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Ran the allchin and striplin 90 on a buckmark. Went back to just irons. I preferred the allchin over the 90 degree mount. The 90 made it more difficult to rack and difficult to adjust. 

I figured I'd just put the Cmore on my PCC or 15/22 if I don't like it on my pistol.