Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA pcc... Does this look normal?

mstamper

Was cleaning my pc's and discovered the gouge in the extractor. Any ideas on what might have caused this?

The gun was acting up. Load a mag, pull the trigger, it goes bang then next shot no bang. Rack the slide and the gun works great rest of the stage.

Odd thing is my diamondback pcc which has been running flawlessly started doing the same thing. I cleaned it from top to bottom and it shows no odd wear. In the past when this gun fubars it need a good cleaning and all is well.

The psa is a newer gun used as my backup.

Anyway. Looking forward to reading responses and questions.4c01ba37190c0bfd97a4cbf66dd8bed2.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

wear is not normal.

when my PCC started misfiring the firing pen was worn down not broken just worn.

Replaced it no more misfires.  it started misfiring once every 75 to 100 rounds at first.

then every 30 or so flowed by a lot more often.

Now back to the wear the ejector is probably bent toward the bolt or loose in the lower.

3 hours ago, mike94yj said:

Have you adjusted the ejector?  It looks like the ejector in to far inward and getting hit by the bolt.  

I have not adjusted the ejector. I had swapped the bolt from my diamondback to the psa while I was waiting for firing pin springs to be delivered after I broke the FP spring.

When I was cleaning the guns, I took FP out of the bolts on both guns. Both of the pins caps were mushroomed. I went a head and changed them both out with new wilson FP and springs.

4 hours ago, AHI said:

wear is not normal.

when my PCC started misfiring the firing pen was worn down not broken just worn.

Replaced it no more misfires.  it started misfiring once every 75 to 100 rounds at first.

then every 30 or so flowed by a lot more often.

Now back to the wear the ejector is probably bent toward the bolt or loose in the lower.

Just to be on the safe side, I did go ahead and changed out both of my FP with new ones from Wilson. I will be going to the range Sat to test both guns.

should the extractor be at 90 degrees to the plane of the lower receiver? The extractor is tight in the channel. Not sure how the extractor would have gotten bent. Would swapping out bolts from the diamondback pcc (which looks almost like an exact copy of the psa bolt) cause that issue?