Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P7M8 holster maker?

random_guy7531

Hey all,

I'm looking at perhaps trying to run my HK P7M8 for some local IDPA matches, but I need to find a holster for it. I'm looking for something along the lines of a basic Bladetech or Comp-tac kydex competition paddle (e.g. not a IWB or CC holster). I've seen some left handed holsters in the style I want on places like hkparts.net, but nothing else. Does anyone here know any companies which sell P7M8 holsters? Or even any companies which would make a custom shell in the style I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

When I had mine, with a kydex holster, retention was not a strong suit due to the pistols design. Milt Sparks makes a Versa Max for the P7M8, I would lean more towards that if I were to acquire another P7M8 or P7M13. Just my experience and observations with it. It did tend to run hot with extended strings of fire. However, they sure are nice pistols.

Edited by coordinator

I used to have a really nice paddle style holster made by Kramer. Horsehide.

It was available at the time with different can't settings. It was called the MSP paddle. I also think blade-tech makes one for it.

I  have an old Bianchi Askins Averger leather I used to use, as well as a Bladetech with fixed loops for 1 1/2 belts. I sold all my P7's and kept only a PSP. I have a IWB bladetech, but keeping that one.. Interested in either? I nipped the edge off the inside of the leather as it would hang up on the mag release. It works great, i used it for years.

IMG_20190116_081740305.jpg

IMG_20190116_081746559.jpg

IMG_20190116_081725191.jpg

7 hours ago, shootin-blanks said:

I  have an old Bianchi Askins Averger leather I used to use, as well as a Bladetech with fixed loops for 1 1/2 belts. I sold all my P7's and kept only a PSP. I have a IWB bladetech, but keeping that one.. Interested in either? I nipped the edge off the inside of the leather as it would hang up on the mag release. It works great, i used it for years

I wish I had seen this yesterday! While googling around for the milt sparks that @coordinator mentioned, I found a place called 'front line holsters' that seemed to make pretty much what I wanted (basic kydex open top paddle/belt holster). I've put in an order for one and its on its way. If for some reason that doesn't work out though, Ill make sure to let you know - that Bladetech is also pretty much exactly what I was looking for.