Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 or Tanfoglio ?

Fo0

Either will be 38 super comp

Either with cmore slide ride

2011 I was wanting to try the KKM 5" hybrid threaded barrel

EAA Gold Team I was wanting to use the minor pf barrel and drill out the second port on the comp and the four pre-drilled holes in the comp and no barrel ports

I have a 2011 open gun in 9mm but I want to try a 38 sc gun - Never shot a Tanfoglio.

Not worried about the backup gun complications at this point

Thanks

If your in the USA I would go with the 2011 just off the pure support side, personally have no experience with a tangfo but i think the 2011 is a proven and better design. 

2011 has more support but for what I am trying to build parts are out of stock or on pre-order. with what doesn't come with EAA Gold Team there are aftermarket support and I am close to Patriot Defense 

With Hennings range of products I would say you can build a competitive gun either way. I have run a couple 38SC Tanfogs and now use a 2011 with a CK E2 grip (for the thinner dimensions) and prefer it. You can get a really good trigger on a tanfog; but I don't think it will ever compare to a 2011 with its setup. Here in OZ there is better support for 2011 aftermarket parts; that said I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Tanfog.

I have a Gold Team with a custom non ported barrel and comp and a Caspian high cap open gun, both in 9mm, both with no popple holes, both with mid length barrels. Firing the same ammo, the Caspian is a little bit softer shooting and feels just a bit smoother,  it could be entirely because the Caspian is 10oz heavier, but I prefer the feel of it. My wife on the other hand loves the feel of the Tanfoglio grip and large safety so thats her pick.

The recoil difference with my 2 guns is small and both feel like minor 9mm guns in the hand, once you get past the loud bang.

one thing in the 2011 + column is you will get 1 or 2 more rounds in your big sticks, the tanfo mbx holds 28 sometimes you can cram in a 29th but its tight.