Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory SP-01 Bushing life

PrimaryBruce

Debating on putting a CGW 10X bushing in mine while they have it...

The gun shot a 1.3” group at 25 meters from CZ according to test target - so I highly doubt the bushing would improve on that accuracy.

However, I keep reading way too much different stuff on the OEM bushing life. Some people claiming within 10K rounds they developed slop. Which I don’t understand because there’s guys with 60k+ rounds on one oem bushing with zero complaints about slop developing or loss of accuracy.

What’s the real story here? 

It's a brand new gun, and I'm more than happy with it's accuracy based on the test target it came with. lol

At this point, the only reason I could see it being worth the 10X bushing is because it's supposed to be harder than the OEM bushing

Which brings me to my questioning of the discrepancies of reported OEM bushing life. People claim 10k rounds they develop slop. Then you read guys with 50-60k rounds saying their OEM bushing is still perfectly tight and no losses of accuracy.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

1 hour ago, Tok36 said:

As far as i have read on the subject the Factory CZ test targets do not reflect accuracy. CZ Custom test targets are another matter.

I know they aren’t purpose shot for accuracy. But that doesn’t change the fact that it shot a 1.3” group does it?

Not being a smart ass, asking in case I’m missing something...lol

Test target shows three shots at 25 meters measuring a 33mm (1.3”) dispersion.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

I hear ya, i took your comment as you intended it and i appreciate the clarification. My thinking is that it could be the product of luck/chance. The same could apply to any CZ pistol test target with any dispersion. Maybe the pistol is more accurate than the test target suggests, maybe the pistol is less accurate than the test target suggests. If the the target is not shot for accuracy how dose one accurately interpret the outcome. I have seen too many wacky CZ test targets to give them any mind. I would need to bench the pistol to be sure.

If i had a CZ already in the hands of CGW i would likely just go ahead and have them install the bushing. Back when they worked on a few of my CZs the bushing was not yet available. At the cost i would call it cheep accuracy insurance:)

Edited by Tok36

I shoot mine first.  I don't think some need a bushing.  I've got a couple that I ordered/installed CGW bushings in.  The groups "cried out" for help and I'm sure on the Compact it helped a lot, looking at the groups from the first range trip after the install.

As to wear?  Like the thread on the CZ Forum about what causes dirty barrels/increases barrel fouling, there's factors to barrel wear.  Some people feel guns run better with little to no lube.  I've read some people claim they run their "dry" because that's the way it's supposed to be.  Cleaning frequency?  How much does a bunch of crud build up increase wear on the metal parts?  How fast they shoot it/how hot it gets?  Then the stuff you can't control like how the bushing and barrel fit together from the factory.  Some small difference in clearance/angle/contact surface amounts might affect things like wear, too.