Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa In Honolulu, Hawaii

glock17w

After being in Korea for the past 8 months, I am taking a mini vacation get away to Honolulu, Hawaii. I was wondering if there are any shooting ranges where you could rent guns or is there a shooting range where I could just possibly come and watch the match. I haven't shot a match since I left the states. The only range time I get is on the military ranges and that is not much. I am anxious to get back to shooting somehow. Hopefully someone in Honolulu can point me in the right direction.

I will be in Honolulu from Wednesday, 24 August - 28 August, fly on 28 August and get back to Korea on 29 August.

Thanks.

Glock17w

Glock17,

Theres an indoor range on a shopping "boulevard" on Waikiki beach. I dont recall the street name. If you dont get any other replies drop in there. If theres an IPSC game in town i'm sure they would know where.

.....Dan

I pulled this info off of the USPSA Club Finder, it is a listing of all the USPSA affiliates in the state of Hawaii. Call or email the contact people to get match dates and times.

BIG ISLAND GUN CLUB

Will Hopkins

Section: HI Area: 2 Club Number: HI04

Pahoa, HI 96778

Home: (808) 965-8387

Work: (808) 935-6111

Email: WKHOP45@hotmail.com

HAWAII SECTION

Richard S Abe

Section: HI Area: 2 Club Number: HI01

Honolulu, HI 96816

Home: (808) 375-6077

Email: richard.abe@homestreetbank.com

HONOLULU RHAT-RHAT BOYZ GUN CLUB

Randolph G. Gavino

Section: HI Area: 2 Club Number: HI06

Honolulu, HI 96818

Home: (808) 422-4038

Work: (808) 832-1626

Email: gavinor001@hawaii.rr.com

MID PACIFIC PISTOL LEAGUE

Ian T. Onaga

Section: HI Area: 2 Club Number: HI02

Honolulu, HI 96835

Home: (808) 737-9990

Work: (808) 522-9633

Email: i.onaga@verizon.net

VALLEY ISLE SPORT SHOOTERS CLUB INC

Raymond K Ishii

Section: HI Area: 2 Club Number: HI03

Kahului, HI 96732

Work: (808) 244-2904

Email: ray38super@hotmail.com

Hope this helps.

DVC,

Jeff

for contact info in honolulu, call ian or richard. you can also PM badkarma on these forums. they were the old timers in this game when I started 20 years ago, one day when I grow up, I want to shoot just like them. they usually shoot on sundays morning.

there is also the royal hawaiian gun club, in waikiki, which caters to japanese tourist. I wouldn't want to exaurate, but you'd be amazed what they charge for a box of 22 ammo. also the last I heard, the muzzles are chained to the table to prevent suicides.

There is a range near the "blow hole" an Hanauma Bay that shoots IPSC. I just spoke with a Marine who was stationed at the K-Bay air station who said that is about the only real place to shoot on the whole island.

rishii is just being modest... :) and I want to be like him when I grow up.

Glock17L is taken care of...he is all set for some trigger time in a nice cozy range built in the crater of an extinct volcano.

Big Dave is correct there is a range within hearing range of Hanauma Bay and MPPL has been shooting there since 1982.

I just returned to Korea back from a nice relaxing vacation in Honolul, HI. I want to thank BadKarma for loaning me his Glock 34 to shoot the nightmatch. I appreciate the hospitality and good sportsmanship you offered to me. It felt good to shoot again. I can see how my shooting has suffered since shooting my last match 8 months ago. I had fun though and it was very relaxing. I can't wait to go back to Hawaii again to relax on the beach and shoot anoher match with you.

Aloha!!

Mahalo!!!

Glock17w

Moverfive,

Yup, know who you are...nice to see that you're still up and running. We still talk about you at the range (just not in mixed company). You should stop by sometime and visit us. We may shoot only 10 rounds at a time... but you taught us how to do it real fast.

Badkarma

"no longer Mickey" :ph34r:

Moverfive,

Yup, know who you are...nice to see that you're still up and running.  We still talk about you at the range (just not in mixed company).  You should stop by sometime and visit us.  We may shoot only 10 rounds at a time... but you taught us how to do it real fast.

Badkarma

"no longer Mickey" :ph34r:

I wish I could get back that way sometime soon......especially since I have gotten heavily into diving since I left there - part of the reason I quit shooting for some time.

Good hearing from you. I have definitely missed you guys!!!!