Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New design shellplate?

Anyone have experience with this spring design shellplate Snoshoz is offering on EBay?......people’s experience with his add on products are always very positive.

The premise behind this new shelllate design makes a whole lot of sense...I just talked myself into trying not me out...let me know if anyone has one yet!....Thanks

Very interesting design/concept.  He's using a leaf spring to positively hold the case as it rotates through the stations.  In theory by not allowing the case to move during transit, there's less powder spillage when running the press like a drunken sailor (stole that one from KA) so you're able to load those 9mm major cases quicker without spilling powder everywhere.

I don't load 9 major, but I seem to get more powder spill when snapping into the next station, not so much in transit. Either way it seems like a slick design.

Very interesting design/concept.  He's using a leaf spring to positively hold the case as it rotates through the stations.  In theory by not allowing the case to move during transit, there's less powder spillage when running the press like a drunken sailor (stole that one from KA) so you're able to load those 9mm major cases quicker without spilling powder everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Update on the spring design shellplate from Snoshoz.........never shipped, would not respond to multiple communications..money refunded.....avoid this guy.

Oh well seemed like it was worth a try.

Ordered the foam style case brush from Arrondo yesterday. WAC spillage for Major is a PITA.