Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P80 Glock 19 Gen 3 80% build.

Sdlrodeo

So on a whim, and because it was on sale, I picked up a P80 G19 kit. 

Im not too worried about the process of completing the lower as it seems fairly simple enough. My questions are more about which parts to source for the guts, slide, and barrel. 

The whole point is to do the build on a budget. That being said, I wouldn’t mind having the slide cut for a DPP and maybe a threaded barrel, maybe. Other than that, I’m not really picky. 

Any thoughts on quality and fit issues? What works/doesn’t work? Do I need different components specific for the P80 brand or will oem Glock parts work?

thanks in advance!

Edited by Sdlrodeo

14 minutes ago, mike4540 said:

All Glock oem parts work fine in the P80 frame, you may have to sand/stone the locking blocks a bit if it is too tight. fun project and the frames have a nice feel to them,enjoy!

Yes, the Ergos are a big improvement over stock. Thanks for the heads up on oem parts. 

Well, I don’t know what the total will end up being. But “Brown Ls” had them for 50% off. ($150 down to $75) so it seemed like a decent price to play with. They have complete kits including slide (don’t know if it has guts though). Current textured lower only kit is about $120.

a current search brought up slides for about $180 with RMR cut. Combo kits (slide,lower,jig) are at about $300ish. Still need barrel and guts.

For my .02, you can browse the used handgun parts and accessories classifieds on various sites for cheap Glock parts.  Barrels (stock and Lone Wolf) seem to come up used fairly regularly for $70-80.  I also saw the Swenson brand slides on sale at midway for $140ish though cant vouch for them personally. 

Edited by Oregonlaw76

On 11/24/2018 at 12:34 PM, Oregonlaw76 said:

I also saw the Swenson brand slides on sale at midway for $140ish though cant vouch for them personally. 

I've got a Swenson on a P80 19, and it's been pretty good, especially considering the price.
The front bevel doesn't match the frame, but that's just aesthetic.
I've heard that they run a little taller than the factory slides(enough to affect holster fit somewhat - but I can't confirm that personally).

Several reviews mention them jamming when used with SilencerCo barrels, due to the shape of the area in the ejection port binding on slightly rough interior machining(it's a very slight step - took me a long time to find it) near the muzzle. It's hard for me to explain without photos, but if you compare the area of the factory or Faxon barrels that's visible near the front of the ejection port against that of some SilencerCo, L2D, or Lantac barrels, you'll see what I'm talking about. I fixed mine by filing a tiny amount off that part of my barrel.
Other than that, my Swenson has been great - No fitting needed for slide components, doesn't fit any sloppier than a factory slide, finish seems even and durable, and the slide serrations are nice and sharp.

In short: they are a good deal, but may require a little bit of planning or fitting to work reliably.